NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best dvb-t for UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the best choice for UK dvb-t ('Freeview') tuners on the PCI bus. Additionally what's an appropriate CPU/chipset combination for a 3 tuner setup?
There are several people here that use multiple Hauppauge Nova-T devices, so these are probably a pretty safe bet.
I use a Nova-t-500 alongside a PVR150 and it works fine now after some tweaking. I've also used for a short time a Kworld external USB2 DVB-t thing at the same time.
I have three Nova-T's that have never given me any issues at all.

Ive not heard of any issues with particular chipsets/CPU's, I use AMD Athlon and SiS chipset.
I can vouch for the Nova-T (90002) boards. I have four -two bought new and two acquired on eBay. You can get them new from eBuyer for £23.81 inc. VAT at the moment.

You should have no problems with a modest CPU speed - I have a P4 2.4GHz CPU and with all four tuners recording, the CPU usage is minimal. I'd recommend at least 512MB RAM although 1GB is my preference for anything that's running AV applications. My chipset is Intel D845 which has never caused me any problems. I'd also reecommend a 'fast' HDD if you're going to be recording multiple programmes simultaneously.

Cheers,
Brian