NextPVR Forums

Full Version: hauppauge hvr-1600 antenna support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if the hvr-1600 supports a standard analog antenna, on the analog input?

The website only talks about connecting "analog cable"... I don't see why it shouldn't support an antenna too.

Thanks,
Dan
I don't actually own a hvr-1600 but i looked at the card for a while and there should be no reason it would not support using a regular antenna for picking up regular old analog OTA tv signals. I think they most figure most people have cable or satellite to hook up.
i just looked again to be sure while it make no mention about OTA, but if it can tune analog cable signals it can tune OTA because they share the same RF spectrum range. Hope this helps
bogyver Wrote:I don't actually own a hvr-1600 but i looked at the card for a while and there should be no reason it would not support using a regular antenna for picking up regular old analog OTA tv signals. I think they most figure most people have cable or satellite to hook up.
i just looked again to be sure while it make no mention about OTA, but if it can tune analog cable signals it can tune OTA because they share the same RF spectrum range. Hope this helps

Thanks - I know with an old ATI tv wonder card I have, you have to select in the software if you're using an antenna or cable, before it searches for channels.

I haven't used GBPVR yet, since I dont have the appropriate tv tuner - does GBPVR do the tuning for you, or do you still have to use the hauppauge software to do that?
nippywiffle Wrote:I haven't used GBPVR yet, since I dont have the appropriate tv tuner - does GBPVR do the tuning for you, or do you still have to use the hauppauge software to do that?
GB-PVR does it.