NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge PVR150 Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first and foremost i must say that gb-pvr is a great program and with the help of the wiki and the members of this forum i had it running and capping in less than an hour

but since then i'am been trying to get my caps to look more like my ntsc digital cable source but i keep getting caps that look more darker, blurry

does anybody have this card that lives in ntsc land that could help me set the right settings in Hauppauge tweak tool

my source is pretty clean i dont have any noise that i can notice i'am using a s-video connection from my digital cable box directly to the tuner the driver version i'am using is 2.0.43.24103

the colors dont look right either are there any programs out there i can use to help me calibrate the color settings to get optimal color levels

i hope someone can help me Sad
Which video decoder are you using? Are there any settings you can tweak? The other thing you can do besides adjusting your video card, is to use the Hauppauge tweak tool. It lets you adjust settings on the capture card.
I believe there is a link to the tweak tool on the wiki.
pastro Wrote:Which video decoder are you using? Are there any settings you can tweak? The other thing you can do besides adjusting your video card, is to use the Hauppauge tweak tool. It lets you adjust settings on the capture card.
I believe there is a link to the tweak tool on the wiki.

sorry for the late response i was out of town i just got back in thanks for responding Wink

i'am using nvidia purevideo decoder for video & audio
i have the hauppauge tweak tool but i just cant set the right settings cause
i aint to sure of what to touch regarding that tool like in the advanced settings i dont know what those filters mean so i have everything pretty much at default

i just want the colors of my caps to look more like my source not darker or brighter and to look clear not blurry

is there a program or a guide that could help me accomplish this with GB-PVR
any help will be really appreciated i really love gb-pvr i'am just a newb when it comes to tweaking settings for my caps someone please help me Sad
SoCiO187 Wrote:sorry for the late response i was out of town i just got back in thanks for responding Wink

i'am using nvidia purevideo decoder for video & audio
i have the hauppauge tweak tool but i just cant set the right settings cause
i aint to sure of what to touch regarding that tool like in the advanced settings i dont know what those filters mean so i have everything pretty much at default

i just want the colors of my caps to look more like my source not darker or brighter and to look clear not blurry

is there a program or a guide that could help me accomplish this with GB-PVR
any help will be really appreciated i really love gb-pvr i'am just a newb when it comes to tweaking settings for my caps someone please help me Sad

I think I ended up using the tweak tool to get the contrast, brightness, hue and saturation where I wanted them. The advanced settings are for noise reduction and blur. I don't think you should start there. Start at the basic settings and get that looking right. I had a picture in picture tv when I did it and it was very helpful to have the same source on both.