NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GBTV and Hauppauge Nova T-500 tuner card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Can someone please help, i've just purchased, and installed the Hauppauge Nova T-500 Card, but am unable to get GBPVR to recogise it, I know it works with this card, but I badly need help in setting things up.

regards

malboyo!
When you created your capture source, if you tick the 'only show devices detected in this machine', did it fine this device?
Hi

When I tick the box, it says "no devices found"

Cheers!
Can you run FilterCheck then attach the resulting FilterCheck.log: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=6
Did you select BDA Recording Device, under Recording Source?
Yeah, good point.
I use one and it works fine - Installed the Hauppauge drivers?
Hi,

There is no option to select BDA Recording Device, under Recording Source
only for internal or external tuners.
Hi,

Since my last post, managed to get things working, the Hauppage software only allows you to record at a bitrate of 2meg, is there a setting in GBPVR which allows you to set your own bitrate?.

I know the transmitted bitrate for freeview is low, between 2-4meg, but the bbc channels transmit between 3 and 4 meg. increasing the bitrate should give better quality, even if it is only from the BBC channels.

Regards

Malboyo.
I think with a BDA device, gbpvr records in the same bitrate that is transmitted.
Pages: 1 2