NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI TV Wonder Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have just installed GBPVR and am having trouble setting up my capture card. I have an ATI TV Wonder Pro. Under config, I check the box titled, "Only show devices detected on this machine." I then get an error saying, "No known cards found."

Obviously I noticed that the TV Wonder Pro is not on the list in the config. Is there any way to use my tv card with GBR? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, there is no support for this card. It lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.
The softwareRecorder or graphRecorder plugin may work with your card,

CV
SubtleDesign Wrote:Obviously I noticed that the TV Wonder Pro is not on the list in the config. Is there any way to use my tv card with GBR? Am I missing something?

You can try the software encoder... but good luck, it doesn't work. Sad

Best bet is to pick up a PVR150. Its hardware based, and you will be much happier in the long run. I started out with the same card you have, and if you look in my sig, I now own 2 PVR150MCE's. Big Grin Video quality will be much better as well. Not to mention less load on the pc, so it will run cooler and quieter.
Ok, thanks everyone. I'll try my luck. If it doesn't work I'll just go back to ATI Multimedia center :mad:
Best of luck dude. Trust me, a $60 hardware card (I'm sure others can be found MUCH cheaper, search the forum here) and you will be MUCH happier than you will be with ATI Multimedia center.

Unlike ATI's software, GB-PVR can be config'ed to cut commercials automatically! And that is just the TIP of the iceberg!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin