NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATI Video Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about Playing Back HD video that i have recorded on my DVR. I currently have nvidia geforce 6200 with the pure video decoder installed on the free trial, i know from reading other post's that the 6200 is not powerful enough to play back HDTV it seems to be able to play back 720 vidoeo and even 1080i in interlaced but not 1080i deinterlaced. So I'm looking for another video card, i know that i at least need a 6600 or better, but i haven't seen any thing about ATI X1K serries of cards playing back HDTV. I would like to go with an ATI because their decoder is free, but it doesn't explicitly say accelerated HD mpeg 2 playback but there should be no reason why it wouldnt support playback. I mainly want to know if the two video cards i have listed will be able to play back the HDTV I have recorded, and which one any one would recommend.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814102079
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814161072

Thanks
No body has any input for me?
We dont have HDTV in New Zealand yet, so there isnt really much first hand info I can give you. When I comment about the 6600 being the recommended minimum for HDTV, I'm just recounting comments made by other ATSC users in the past.

I'd also be interested to know the ATI equivalent.
I appreciate the response sub, i will probably purchase one of the 2 cards, in the next few day's and let everyone know how it works
I'm interested as well. There's a x800 crossfire (which is a x800xl) from ati for $89 cdn that I'm looking at and i pray and hope that will be sufficient to playback HD.
I use a ATI X1300 AGP card in my AthlonXP 2200. It plays back HDTV at 1280x720 fairly flawlessly in overlay mode. My tv does not behave well if I push it up to full 1080i resolution ( makes a squealing noise, doesn't always display the video ), but that is just my TV I am fairly sure. I downloaded the Avivo codecs, but I am not sure if I am using them. Nothing showed up in gb-pvr that says "Avivo Mpeg2 decoder". What I do have is the Cyberlink Video/SP decoder ( ATI ), which might or might not be it, under options i have Hardware Acceleration enabled. I've read that the purevideo decoders support acceleration on the X1k cards through DXVA ( ?? right acronym? ).

Squidi