NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Old nova-t philips and grundig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I am using the Hauppauge wMVP and the GB-PVR of which i find exeptional,
but (there's always a but) Smile I aint a programmer .
So understanding some of the setup and config stuff takes a bit to sink in if the help files are not easy to follow, anyway the main point is I am trying to use an old nova-t with the philips chip and i am not sure if this is supported in gbpvr or not, in your supported card section you say that the nova-t 9002 and the 909 are supported, but in another section you say that only hardware encoding cards are supported so am confused, I also don't know how to find out which nova models i have, as i said they are both the old models one with the grundig chip and one with the philips, I can get both to work with XP and Hauppage software but nothing else seems to recognise either of them, VLC, directshow, or any other software including gbpvr.
can you please tell me if they are supported or not? if not what TV capture card would you recommend in order that i can stream using gbpvr to my MVP.
I would like to eventualy use around four MVP's and obvously four capture cards or 2 dual. but first things first in getting live tv to MVP.
Am i wasting my time with the old nova-t's and bin them. any help appreciated
Regards
Ian
Quote:So understanding some of the setup and config stuff takes a bit to sink in if the help files are not easy to follow, anyway the main point is I am trying to use an old nova-t with the philips chip and i am not sure if this is supported in gbpvr or not,
If you create the capture source, with the recordings source set to the 'BDA Recording Source', and tick the 'only show devices deteted in this machine' checkbox, does it find your card?

The very old original nova-t devices are compatible with GB-PVR, but you need to install the BDA drivers rather than the original WDM drivers. Newer nova-t devices install BDA drivers by default.

Quote:...but in another section you say that only hardware encoding cards are supported so am confused...
This is only relevent to analog cards, so you can ignore this with your digital card.
You need technotrend drivers from here
Thanks for that I removed the Hauppage stuff and installed the technotrend drivers and gbpvr detected the card as a nova-t 909.
just need to figure out the tunning now I am in Scotland UK so think i need to use an xml file or something, selecting update egp don't seem to do anything, I will read the set-up section again and try to figure it out.