NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Remote in Vista?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just upgraded to windows vista 32bit. I have a hauppauge pvr 250 with the gray 45 button remote. I am now trying to get it to work in vista but so far no luck. Every time I run the IR application it crashes out. Is there a driver that will allow the IR to work in vista or am I SOL?

Thanks in advance for any info.
I'm not sure if it will work, but have you tried the vista driver for the ir on the pvr-150?
Sorry, I read the website wrong.
The hauppauge site just states Vista has drivers for the 150 already.
My apologies.
Well, there is an updated version of the IR software posted on the support page for the 1600 that you could try.

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/..._24342.exe
I wasn't able to download that file from that website. But I am pretty sure the same driver is available from the Hauppauge main site. I downloaded it there but like the other one it won't work in vista. As soon as I start it it opens the overly helpful box telling me its searching for a solution to my non-working software then tells me there aren't any currently available.
The link I posted is the one from Hauppauge website on the page for 1600. It is for version 2.51. The version on the support pages for the 150,250,350, and 500 is 2.45.
Yep thats one I tried to use. Still no good. I emailed Hauppauge about this and I got a response that suggests deleting my current drivers. I am going to try that and I'll let you all know how it goes.
Alright I was able to get the IR program to work by following the directions in this email:

Quote:Hello

If this is 32 bit vista

First download and run

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/...tal-34.exe

From the CD digital folder

Run Hcwclear select remove all wintv drivers and applications total removal and search all inf files for conflicting hardware.

When the black box closes reboot the system.

Cancel the new hardware wizard

From the cd digital folder run hcwdriverinstall when the install finishes run setup

Reboot

Then try wintv2000 again

I was then able to use the setup program included in the above download to install the IR program. This is the vista setup that doesn't exist on the website it seems.

At any rate once I got through that part I ran into a new problem. GB-PVR simply won't recognize the Hauppauge remote now that its installed in Vista. I know the remote is working because it works fine in wintv2000 (well as fine as that program runs anyway).

Any ideas or am I now truly SOL?
Quote:GB-PVR simply won't recognize the Hauppauge remote now that its installed in Vista. I know the remote is working because it works fine in wintv2000 (well as fine as that program runs anyway).
GB-PVR doesnt need to recognise the remote. Infact, it doesnt know anything about it. The Hauppauge IR software just pretends to be a person pressing keys on a keyboard.

As long as the Hauppauge IR software is sending these fake keystrokes each time you press a button on the remote, then it should work.

Two things to be aware of:
1) make sure you've pressed the 'fix hauppauge remote settings' button in the config app. This tells the Hauppauge software what keystrokes it needs to send for each button.
2) dont use the 'use direct access to Hauppauge remote' option in the config app.
That got it.

Apparently I just needed a restart after it was installed that final time. (Restart the computer not just the IR).

No idea why it wanted a restart but its working now so I'm not going to complain.

Thanks for the help.