NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Files Plugin resurrected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've started work on resurrecting the Files plugin. Progress is slow but steady. The main focus is the management of external hardware such as MP3 players and the like using the GB-PVR interface.

I open this thread to all suggestions, thoughts and general comments....
Always liked the idea of this plugin!

Heres an idea i like from WMP11: the mp3 player shuffle feature, it deletes all mp3's on the device, and then fills it with a random selection until full. This way i can plug my phone/mp3 player into the comp, start shuffle, and it also charges from the usb overnight whilst it copies the files?
Making good progress, still open to suggestions....
Here's one for you, can it convert video files (.mp4) to the PSP naming standard? Or could it be made to.

Not sure how you'd want to do it. But Id like to use my PSP to play the odd video file that's been recorded and transcoded over night (haven't got this bit going yet...) but then the next step is rename it and transfer it to a USB drive (the PSP) or drive letter (memory stick attached via reader).

It has to go to a certain location.
Currently the plug-in can copy, move and delete files and folders from all drives. Rename is work-in-progress. If the PSP comes up as a normal drive (with a drive letter) the plug-in should see it.

Some preview screen-shots:
It will come up as a drive, but it does need to go into a special directory and with a special name:

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tutori...ndex.shtml
psycik Wrote:Here's one for you, can it convert video files (.mp4) to the PSP naming standard? Or could it be made to.
Done.

Define a PSP path in the config file and then you can use the 'Copy to PSP' button which copies the selected file the given path, and renames it using the rule from the site you posted. (The PSP requires video (M4V) files to be named starting with M4V and ending with five random numbers ie. M4V12345.)
Anything else? Smile
What were your thoughts on the random feature i suggested?

I think it would be good for smaller flash players that you cant store your entire collection on, and means i find all sorts of songs i'd forgotten i had.
stu8080 Wrote:What were your thoughts on the random feature i suggested?
I'm just thinking about how it should behave. At the moment I've got a 'Fill Device' button which copies random files from the clipboard to the selected destination until it errors (ie device full).
Pages: 1 2