NextPVR Forums

Full Version: m$ mce remote mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greetings Folks

I am trying to get EventGhost and the Microsoft mce remote working again and in my efforts I'm trying to figure out how I will map the color buttons.
I figure to start I have the extra 2 buttons (Clear, Enter) at the bottom but need to map the other 2 color buttons (mostly because seeing VA which works alot with the color buttons).

So I am posting here to get ideas from those of you that have done this.
Smoker Wrote:Greetings Folks

I am trying to get EventGhost and the Microsoft mce remote working again and in my efforts I'm trying to figure out how I will map the color buttons.
I figure to start I have the extra 2 buttons (Clear, Enter) at the bottom but need to map the other 2 color buttons (mostly because seeing VA which works alot with the color buttons).

So I am posting here to get ideas from those of you that have done this.

I have a remote WITHOUT the coloured buttons. I also wish I could use them...

So what seems to be the problem when you are mapping buttons to keystrokes with EventGhost?
Well two problems right now... one isn't a problem per se but trying to get ideas for maping the m$ remote to the hau remote.

The major problem I am having though is that with the alt mce driver and EG, the buttons are very quick. I press the up/down for instance and EG intreprets it into 2 or 3 presses. I'm attaching my EG config file.

The thing I just realized today is that there is a gbpvr plugin for EG which I have not tried. I've been using the mceremote plugin.
Smoker Wrote:Well two problems right now... one isn't a problem per se but trying to get ideas for maping the m$ remote to the hau remote.

The major problem I am having though is that with the alt mce driver and EG, the buttons are very quick. I press the up/down for instance and EG intreprets it into 2 or 3 presses. I'm attaching my EG config file.

The thing I just realized today is that there is a gbpvr plugin for EG which I have not tried. I've been using the mceremote plugin.

The newest version 3.6.954 has a Button Release Timeout, that I had the author add to the MCE remote plugin. I set mine to .20 secs and the double triple taps went away...

I don't like the GB-PVR plugin actually. The author ripped it together without even using GB-PVR, and was 'upset' because GB-PVR didn't receive 'SendMessage' messages. Sub has since shown that GB-PVR does indeed play nice, but I haven't been bothered going back to the EventGhost forum. This xml works well...

There are a few buttons I have not yet configured, but they are candidates for Hauppauge coloured button alternates. TV, PC, DVD_Menu, Clear, and Enter

I realized that I do not use the Recorded TV, Live TV, Guide and DVD Menu Hotkeys at all, and so I may use them for the coloured keys instead.

I should point out that the Blue button is also known as the More/Info button... It should be already configured...
zehd Wrote:The newest version 3.6.954 has a Button Release Timeout, that I had the author add to the MCE remote plugin. I set mine to .20 secs and the double triple taps went away...

Oh much better... That seems to of really taken care of the "quick buttons" I was experiencing.

I noticed in your config that your using both the ce remote and gbpvr plugins. I thought you didn't like the gbpvr plugin ?

As for how I am mapping the hau remote to the m$ remote is like this.

First of all the following map one for one
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,*,#,Up,Down,Left,Right,Ok,Vol+,Vol-,CH+,CH-,Record,Stop,Play,Pause,REW,FF,Replay,Skip,Mute,Back

This leaves the following hau remote buttons
Go,Power,Guide,TV,Videos,Recordings,Music,Pictures,Radio,Menu,Prev Ch,Red,Green,Yellow,Blue

and the following m$ remote buttons left
TV,PC,Start,Recorded TV,Guide,Live TV,DVD Menu

Which I've mapped like this so far,

hau remote: Prev Ch,Guide,Green,Yellow,Blue,Menu,Recordings,TV,Power
m$ remote: DVD Menu,Guide,More,Clear,Enter,Start,Recorded TV,Live TV,PC

leaving me the following un-mapped,
hau remote: Go,Videos,Music,Pictures,Radio,Red
m$ remote: TV
You know, for 9.95, you could just get a Hauppauge remote, and then you just set up EventGhost to use it instead of the MCE remote...

http://registration.hauppauge.com/websto...uct=remote

I'm actually considering this myself...
I just ordered one since it's cheap and I might like it better than the Microsoft one. Will install the latest Event Ghost tonight, I have double tap problems too. I have the alternate driver for Microsoft remote installed.
I have both a Hauppauge remote and the M$ remote (w/o the coloured buttons). I can tell you, that at least in build quality, feel, etc, the M$ is far better than the Haup. Also, with the Haup receiver, I used to get many "extra" clicks, and with the M$ receiver it never happened.
madcat Wrote:I have both a Hauppauge remote and the M$ remote (w/o the coloured buttons). I can tell you, that at least in build quality, feel, etc, the M$ is far better than the Haup. Also, with the Haup receiver, I used to get many "extra" clicks, and with the M$ receiver it never happened.

I agree that the MS one feels better. I don't think the newer Hauppauge remotes are THAT bad though, and they have all the buttons...
zehd Wrote:You know, for 9.95, you could just get a Hauppauge remote, and then you just set up EventGhost to use it instead of the MCE remote...

How would you control your TV then ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4