NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR350 and PVR150 in same PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone running a PVR350 and a PVR150 in the same PC?

I already have a PVR350 but I want to add a second source and the 150 seems like a bargain... but will this combo work OK?

Thanks,

Jon.
Should work ok. There are a number of different versions of the 150 out there. I never learn the difference. There are with and without remotes/ir blasters/radio functionality. Make sure the one you get contains what you want. My guess is you don't need any of the above gadgets. You probably already have a remote. You don't have a set top box which you need to control? And you have radio in the 350.
it's no problem. i have a 350, a 150 and a 150mcp in one compy.

a bit tricky was the remote (as the 150 and the 350 both come with remotes). if i recall correctly i had to install the card i wanted to use the remote with last.
Should work ok, however take care. I was surprised that they seem to use the same driver, I didn't expect that but i only got them to work when I gave them device number 1 and 2. When they would have used different drivers the devicenumbers should have been 1 for both. I hope you understand what I mean.Smile
Thanks all.

HtV - not quite sure what you mean - where should I give the cards device numbers? Within GbPVR's config?
jonm Wrote:Thanks all.

HtV - not quite sure what you mean - where should I give the cards device numbers? Within GbPVR's config?

That would be in GBPVR-config-capturesources-direct recording plugin settings. I couldn't get both tuners get to work together so I changed one device-number from 1 to 2. If it doesn't work then, try the other way round. You could also use the devicetypecheck utility. In my case it only showed the pvr150, as device nr 1, which of course was enough info.
Noted, thanks. I'll let you know how I get on when the card turns up Smile
Hmm, it hasn't worked. I installed the 150 and its drivers and that seems to have broken everything, looks like the 350 has now stopped working. I guess I need to try re-installing the 350 now?

Jon.
jonm Wrote:I guess I need to try re-installing the 350 now?

Jon.

Might be best, or you could check the device numbers in gbpvr-config-capt sources-direct recording plugin.
Well, this seems to have royally broken everything. I've removed the 150, and attempted to re-install the 350, but now nothing sees it. I knew I should have invested in some disk imaging software first Sad

I seem to be back to where I was about 6 months ago when I originally started on this project. Rats Sad
Pages: 1 2 3