NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEW PLUG-IN: Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've resurrected and revamped the old Files plugin, v1.0 is now available on the wiki.

Features include:
  • Copy/cut/paste/delete/rename files and folders.
  • User configurable menus - hide functions you don't use or want.
  • Advanced menu for management of external devices such as MP3 players and the Sony PSP.
  • User configurable shortcuts for easy access to commonly used folders.
  • Press Play on an audio or video file to play that file.

Please post any problems on the support thread as I look at that part of the forum more often.
[Image: FilesPlugin.jpg]

[Image: FilesPlugin2.jpg]
completely off-topic:

OMG, I had forgotten all about Commando. I used to love that as a kid and I can see the rotating racks with it in now....

What a blast from the past!
Yeah I used to collect them, got about 600ish. One of the first VB programs I made was a Commando Comic collector database with reports and such, this is the folder which had some of the cover scans it used.

More reading on their site: http://www.commandomag.com/ and a recent BBC article: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6599139.stm
I can't believe someone has not done this sooner. I am getting so sick of dumping out to windows to download files from my NAS device.

One quick question before I try it out. Does it support UNC paths or do I have to map a drive?

Thanks a ton though for your hard work.
You can't currently type in paths so you would have to map a drive for now.
I assume this plug-in is not intended to update the GBPVR database if yoiu were to move or rename a recording?
wannabepvr Wrote:I assume this plug-in is not intended to update the GBPVR database if yoiu were to move or rename a recording?
No, it's a pure file manager so has no knowledge of GB-PVR stuff.
maleitch Wrote:Does it support UNC paths or do I have to map a drive?
Or you maybe able to add a UNC path as a shortcut (never tried it myself).
Version 1.1 is available on the wiki.

The only change from v1.0 is that the reported System Volume Information related errors have been fixed.
Pages: 1 2