NextPVR Forums

Full Version: VRM9/New Video Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was previously using a Ti4200 and switched to a 7600GS. Previously VRM9 was working choppy on the Ti4200(choppy but still have a proper screen of video) but I switched to VRM9 Exclusive and video was good. Now I have the 7600GS in place and want to run VRM9. The problem is I get live video in gbpvr but it's justified up into the upper left corner with odd video patterns on the right and bottom of the screen(looks like blocks of color). It's almost as if GBPVR doesn't recognize the resolution of the capture card(I am using HVR-1600 and PVR-150 in the PC). I run in Pillbox mode for most analog video as I am running this on an LCD TV(res=1320x768). If I go fill mode then the odd video patterns disappear but then again fill mode gives the incorrect aspect ratio for analog TV. Anyone ever experience this before? Solutions? With the 7600GS if I go VRM9 Exclusive or VRM9 Custom I do not see the odd video patterns in pill box mode and the video fills the entire pill box area properly. So it's only VRM9 mode that causes problems with this video card.

The only other odd thing about the setup was when I plugged in the LCD TV to the 7600GS it didn't recognize the resolution of the TV even though the Ti4200 did. Note that I am using the DVI port on the video card. I would have figured the new video card would be much more apt to recognize the resolution of the TV. Also note that I am running gbpvr in 16x9 mode.
Quote:The problem is I get live video in gbpvr but it's justified up into the upper left corner with odd video patterns on the right and bottom of the screen(looks like blocks of color).
This is a well known bug in the nvidia drivers. Your only options are to use VMR9 Custom or VMR9 FSE, or disable the hardware acceleration in the decoder you're using, or run in the 'fill' aspect ratio.
sub Wrote:This is a well known bug in the nvidia drivers. Your only options are to use VMR9 Custom or VMR9 FSE, or disable the hardware acceleration in the decoder you're using, or run in the 'fill' aspect ratio.

Anything at all that can be done about this? I also have the problem where I have white lines through the first few horizontal lines at the top of the screen and as I understand it I cannot adjust the gbpvr screen size if I am using VRM9 FSE.

I don't want to disable hardware acceleration as the processor is only a 2.4GHz and I want to be able to play HD content. I am also using the nvidia decoder, any settings there at all that can help?
Sorry, there is nothing GB-PVR can do about this problem. It is also discussed on the nvidia forums. It affects other apps too, not just GB-PVR.

Given its been happening for nearly two years, I doubt its high on their priority list.