NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR950 and Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I am trying to get my hvr-950 to work in a computer with vista installed on it, but I am unable to get it to get any channels during a scan. I am using the beta drivers off the hauppauge web site. I can get their software to work, sort of, but the video playback flickers a lot and there doesnt really seem to be any way to adjust it. I would like to use gbpvr if possible. Has anyone else with an hvr-950 been able to get it to work in vista with gbpvr? If so are there any tricks that might help me?
Thanks,
James
This HVR1600 thread may also be relevent to you: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=26886
That seemed to help. I guess it was the nativeutilities.zip file that must have fixed it. thanks
Great.
I had it working, but then I turned the computer off for the night and restarted it in the morning. Now gbpvr is doing something strange. When I go to the main gbpvr to play live tv it is saying that the channels are not set up. In config, they are all still set up. Also, in config I have the menu items I wont be using turned off, but in the main gbpvr all menu items are listed. Its like the main program is not getting its info from the config section. Is there any reason why this would be happening and are there any suggestions for fixing it?
Thanks,
James
Quote:I had it working, but then I turned the computer off for the night and restarted it in the morning. Now gbpvr is doing something strange. When I go to the main gbpvr to play live tv it is saying that the channels are not set up.
Zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.
Do you need all the logs in the logs folder then?
Try live tv then attach the gbpvr.exe-native.log
here is the file.
You need to post the log immediately after trying live tv.

That log doesnt have any useful info. It just shows GB-PVR starting, but no attempt to watch live tv.
Pages: 1 2