NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cable setup... have i got this correct?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,

Would someone be able to take a gander at this and make sure that i have it correct before i go and get the cables?

I have two photos attached, back of the HTPC and back of my Pioneer amp. I think(!!) that i now need a S/PDIF (RCA) cable from the S/PDIF out port on the htpc to the DIGITAL IN (COAX) on the amp (marked in green on each photo)... and a S-VIDEO cable from the SVIDEO output on the small breakout(?) box from the htpc video card to the SVIDEO DVD/LD in on the amp (maked in red).

Does this sound about right?

Thanks!!!!

Simon
yeah, looks good.

begin long talk about cable quality :p

you dont really need a "SPDIF Coaxial cable" you can use... any old cable you have that fits the connector (aka any RCA cable), and I really cant even say that more expensive cables would be alot better, as long as the cable is not a piece of crap it will work fine. you will gain nothing from all the shielding and BS that monster says you need, its a digital signal, aka '0's and '1's, they wont be affected by analog interference... the same cant be said for well, anything that is not digital (aka everything else that connects to that receiver).

if you do want to buy some nice cables, and dont feel like pawning your first born child (or the wife just wont let you :eek: ) try monoprice.com, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

well good luck