NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does the hauppauge PVR150 mce card work with normal windows xp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JUst a quick question. I have a windows xp setup with PVR350 card. I would like to add a second card. If i buy a mce edition card such as PVR 150 mce will this work alongside my pvr350 and does it work with plain windows xp or does it require MCE. Probably a stupid question but I'm sure someone can give me a quick answer.
I'm not 100% sure about the 350 and the 150 working OK together (altho I believe some folks here use a similar configuration) but I do know that the 150MCE will work just fine under XP, either Home or Pro. MCE is just XP with Microsoft's PVR laid on it.
They do work with regular XP. I don't see why the two cards wouldn't work fine together.
I am using a 150 MCR card on my XP Std box. THe 150 card worked right out fo the box. The biggest pain was fining the MCE drivers for the remote. I ended up downloading an MCE hotifx , partially installing the fix before XP could realize that I was installing a patch fro the wrong OS. Before the rollback, when XP realized that the hotfix was not for XP Std OS, I navigated into the temp files and copied them into my WIN directory. (It was not my rube goldberg idea - but the it was genius)
ApexHack Wrote:They do work with regular XP. I don't see why the two cards wouldn't work fine together.

Yep, apparently they do...see this thread: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=26836
Yup the MCE will work on XP Home/Pro. I am currently running a couple in that setup.