NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 250 MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone using this device and getting it to work?

I'm stuck.

Thanks.
I've got one of these. Works fine in my test machine.

Whats not working for you?
Thank you for a quick response.

I have the playback setting in the configuration to use the software decoder with my MCE PVR250. I'm not able to view live TV thru that setting.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
JU
What video and audio decoder do you have selected in the playback tab of the config app? If you only have 'system default' listed, then you probably dont have any decoders installed.
Thanks, I'm going to go back thru my install before I waste any of the forum member's time here.

JU
I have tried both the cyberlink video/sp decoder and the intervideo noncss video decoder in my configuration. I cannot stream the video signal. I get snow on all channels.

Neither decoders seem to bring me joy with my Hauppauge PVR250 MCE
If you get snow, then it sounds like you dont have the correct channel numbers.

Does the TuningAssistant show you your channels?
I see the channels. The tuning assistant works fine. I can channel up and down the range of channels available, but all give me snow with the exception of channel 4 which is black.

I have a cable service which is a fiber to the home solution. The cable box is an Amino 120 HDTV tuner. Not all my channels are Hi-Def, only about 12 or so out of more than 200. I'm running an RJ6 cable to the Hauppauge capture card and s-video to the television.

I have the program guide working with Zap2 and GBPVR.

This is vexing. Thanks for your help.
How many channels did the tuning assistant show you? Only one that showed whatever the cable box is tuner to (usually on CH2 ot CH3), or lots of channels?

You've just got the channel numbers set wrong in your capture source, or possibly the input source. I'm just trying to get enough information to tell you exactly what to change.
Just so I'm clear what you mean by tuning assistant is that the channel changing interface when you launch the GBPVR application and change channels up and down or is it the channel list in the "Edit Recording Source" dialogue box in the config application.

Either way both show over 200 individual channels starting at 2 and ending at 400.

The input source might be right. Typically it would be set to channel 2 or 3? Is this what you are thinking?
Pages: 1 2