NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem with Technisat remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm new here.
I just discovered the GB-PVR program, I really like it.
Last night I put together a PC and installed GB-PVR; it will became my Media Center.
I have a DVB-S card, a Technisat Skystar 2.
IT seems the Hardware is OK, the GB-PVR recognized the BDA drivers, I have now to scan for the channels and then connect the PC to my TV set.

I have a problem: The TV card shipped with a remote (TTS35AI) and an USB dongle (THIS).
It is recognized by Windows as USB HID device.
I tried to make the remote work, but without success.
If I run GB-PVR the remote works, the number keys and arrows keys make what expected, but of course no one other key works.

I tried to run config.exe, go to "Capture sources" tab, open my channel changer (USB-uirt PLUGIN) settings and then try to add a new Device profile; At this point the config.exe program crashes and exit to windows.
Why?

I have installed the HIP program, if I try to run it it says to me that cannot find any device; I tried alll the devices listed in the software (Configure->File->preferences->alternatte input). What I have do to to make my remote work?

Is there anybody that has already used the Technisat remote/USB dongle with success and that can help me (perhaps with configuration files)?

Thanks in advance,
Giovanni Albergoni
Ah, and of course, wonderful job you've done on GB-PVR.
I really love it!
croccodillo Wrote:Hello all,

I'm new here.
I just discovered the GB-PVR program, I really like it.
Last night I put together a PC and installed GB-PVR; it will became my Media Center.
I have a DVB-S card, a Technisat Skystar 2.
IT seems the Hardware is OK, the GB-PVR recognized the BDA drivers, I have now to scan for the channels and then connect the PC to my TV set.

I have a problem: The TV card shipped with a remote (TTS35AI) and an USB dongle (THIS).
It is recognized by Windows as USB HID device.
I tried to make the remote work, but without success.
If I run GB-PVR the remote works, the number keys and arrows keys make what expected, but of course no one other key works.
Sorry, there is no build in support for this remote. Most remotes that come with TV cards operate using proprietary mechanisms, so are only supported after I explicitly build support for them. I've built support for common remotes only (like Hauppauge remotes, MCE remotes etc). This isnt a remote I own, so there is no built-in support for it.

Quote:I tried to run config.exe, go to "Capture sources" tab, open my channel changer (USB-uirt PLUGIN) settings and then try to add a new Device profile; At this point the config.exe program crashes and exit to windows.
Why?
It crashes because its looking for a USB-UIRT IR Blaster for controlling an external set top box, but you dont have one connected. The USB-UIRT is a specific product, not some generic name used to describe USB connected remotes (see a real USB-UIRT here: http://www.usbuirt.com/)

Quote:I have installed the HIP program, if I try to run it it says to me that cannot find any device; I tried alll the devices listed in the software (Configure->File->preferences->alternatte input). What I have do to to make my remote work?

Is there anybody that has already used the Technisat remote/USB dongle with success and that can help me (perhaps with configuration files)?

Thanks in advance,
Giovanni Albergoni
Sorry, there is only two way you could get this remote to work:
1) if its compatible with MCE remotes, then selecting the 'MCE remote' option on the 'DVD & Remote' tab of the config app, or
2) if the software used behind the scenes as the driver for the remote allows the keyboard commands it sends to be configured, then you can configure it for GB-PVR's normal keyboard commands.

Sorry - I know thats not the answer you were hoping for.
Thank you for your replay.
You're right, it doesn't sound fine to me...
As far as I know there's no software behind the remote, the Technisat DVB viewer uses the remote directly, and the remote isn't MCE compatible...
But it's OK, I will sell the Technisat remote on ebay and buy an MCE-compatible one.
Just another question: there's a lot of Dell MCE remotes on the bay, for example THIS and THIS: are those remotes comatible with GB-PVR?
I ask because it seems that there are slight differences between those remotes and the original Microsoft ones, and thus I'd like to be sure to buy the right one.
Probably I'm missing it, but is there a list of supported remotes with GB-PVR, with brand and model?

Thanks again,
Giovanni
croccodillo Wrote:Just another question: there's a lot of Dell MCE remotes on the bay, for example THIS and THIS: are those remotes comatible with GB-PVR?
Yes, either of those should work fine with GB-PVR. The model in the first link is better since it has the additional colour buttons not present on the other one.