NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I managed to screw up my Ubustream config somehow... I get this error message when going to WebStream settings:

[Image: clipboard01pe0.th.jpg]

I can still add channels and put them on groups, but for example all other configuration menus are gone. And also it gives this error all the time when going through WebStream settings.

How could I fix it - prefer someway other than removing and installing plugin again, would not like to add all my stations again...
Taajuus Wrote:I managed to screw up my Ubustream config somehow... I get this error message when going to WebStream settings:

I can still add channels and put them on groups, but for example all other configuration menus are gone. And also it gives this error all the time when going through WebStream settings.

How could I fix it - prefer someway other than removing and installing plugin again, would not like to add all my stations again...
This looks like your database has become corrupted in some way. If you attach your UbuStream.xml file I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong and if I can fix it for you.
Here you go. Hope you can fix it Smile
Taajuus Wrote:Here you go. Hope you can fix it Smile
I think it should work now. You had a group entry pointing to a station that didn't exist. Not sure how that would have happened. Interestingly (and pleasingly Smile ), the current version of UbuStream that I'm working on (v2.2) didn't throw an exception like v2.1 but simply assumed that, if no station existed, it must be a group, so it just showed up as an empty group called "TRL1".

To correct the problem, I simply removed this section from your UbuStream.xml file.
Code:
<GroupStations>
    <Group_Name>Net TV</Group_Name>
    <Channel_Name>TRL1</Channel_Name>
    <Channel_Sequence>3</Channel_Sequence>
  </GroupStations>
Let me know if this doesn't fix your problem or if you encounter additional problems.
Thank you, it worked!Smile Smile
Hi there, I'm having the same prob. Hav gone and cleared out any channels and groups that dont work, was also gettin an errof from BBCDynSync so have deleted BBC channels and still getting the Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object message from the main menu in gbpvr when selecting web streams in the menu.

If ya can anyone cna help, i'd be much appreciated, I'm a real newbie at this, but loving the software.

I've attached the same file as the person before has (I think) so if anyone unerstands it and can spot where the prob I'd be appreciative.

Cheers, Rich
duckielad Wrote:Hi there, I'm having the same prob. Hav gone and cleared out any channels and groups that dont work, was also gettin an errof from BBCDynSync so have deleted BBC channels and still getting the Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object message from the main menu in gbpvr when selecting web streams in the menu.

If ya can anyone cna help, i'd be much appreciated, I'm a real newbie at this, but loving the software.

I've attached the same file as the person before has (I think) so if anyone unerstands it and can spot where the prob I'd be appreciative.

Cheers, Rich
I don't currently have a "clean" UbuStream v2.1 to test with so I can't reproduce your error. (Your UbuStream.xml file loads fine with the version I'm working on.) However, the error you are getting is probably generating some useful info in your gbpvr.exe.log file (in the gbpvr\logs folder). So, if you attach that, I'll take a look.

btw - the BBC DynSource has been broken for a while (since the BBC completely changed their web site pages for video). You can remove a DynSource by right clicking it and selecting "Delete". This will remove the DynSource from the UbuStream database and rename the DynSource app with an extension of "disabled" (so UbuStream won't pick it up again next time it runs).