NextPVR Forums

Full Version: International Cinema Listings plugin version 4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please post all questions about this plug-in here. Remember to include your the cinema number(s) source/country and any relevant logs.

As always suggestions and comments very welcome.

Changes from v4.3 include
* Looks for .mov and (converted) .mpg trailers (good for MVP users using batch transcode methods).
* Film list is sorted A-Z.
* Unused trailers are deleted
I'll give this a shot when I get home... probably
I will try it at home...
Ted the Penguin Wrote:I'll give this a shot when I get home... probably

sorry :o , got sidetracked last night (I blame my girlfriend :eek: ) I will try to get to it tonight

McBainUK Wrote:Thanks for your patience with this, if you find any more problems I'm going to have to list you as a tester on the wiki

Rolleyes do I get to be a tester :p
IT WORKS!!!

I'm not sure what you did but it works. Tried about 5 trailers and they all worked.

Got the following log while downloading the trailers. Some are not found which is strange since they are they are available. At least I think they are

The playing works great. Great job McBainUK. Thanks alot. I will keep you posted when it has updated the whole thing later this week.

(I only show a few, much more trailers are not found)

-----------
4-6-2007 9:00:39 Searching index for trailers...
4-6-2007 9:00:39 No trailers found for Pirates Of The Caribbean 3: At World's end
4-6-2007 9:00:39 No trailers found for Reaping, The
4-6-2007 9:00:39 No trailers found for Shoot Out At Lokhandwala
----------
-=TJ=-Stefan Wrote:Tried about 5 trailers and they all worked.
I assume this was on the MPV with your generated MPG files, if so good to hear Smile

-=TJ=-Stefan Wrote:Some are not found which is strange since they are they are available. At least I think they are
It all depends on what they are called and if the names match. Remember the plug-in downloads the files from Dave's Trailers, not any trailers linked to on the individual sources. Maybe in a future release I can look into fuzzy matching of the film titles, will see.
McBainUK Wrote:Maybe in a future release I can look into fuzzy matching of the film titles, will see.

that would be good for things like... spider man 3. which had a trailer, but then Spider man 3, the IMAX experience, no go, also no info for that...

might be a good idea to have some special handling for "IMAX" so if there is no information found you would check for a title that is similar, and use that info/trailer... might have to be limited to already downloaded film info, since it would be a pain to go find it Smile
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'll tell you want would be really cool. Could you pull down ratings for the films from metacritic/rotten tomatoes? I always check those before I go and see a film at the cinema, and it really would make your plugin a one-stop-shop.

Fantastic plugin by the way Smile
what does IMDB use for ratings? I think they get pulled down with the film info if you use IMDB as a source
I think the IMDB ones are just from user ratings on that site. I'll look to see if I can do that, as it would be better than nothing. I personally prefer the ones at metacritic though, as they are an aggregation of the reviews of a large number of professional reviewers. I generally find that this gives a pretty accurate reflection of a films quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4