NextPVR Forums

Full Version: XSuite beta version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
From now on, the current XSuite beta build will always be available on the wiki so users can get there hands on fixes/features sooner.

As of today, version 0.50beta includes these two changes. More to come...

*Don’t crash if noposter.gif is missing (Reported here)
*Posters now go in gbpvr\media\art instead of gbpvr\art (Requested here)

The installer now puts its own posters in gbpvr\media\art but if you have existing XRecord posters in gbpvr\art, you'll have to move them yourself to the new location. Users of the Programme Image Tool should get rid of the extra batch file that copies the images to XRecord's old non-standard directory.
Great stuff, thanks!

I updated the Programme Image Tool wiki to reflect the change for Xrecord v0.49 and earlier.

k.
Uploaded my latest beta build on the wiki. Just made the PageUp/PageDown keys work in the "Watched Recordings" screen. There can be a lot of stuff in there after using XRecord for over a year. I will get to the icon download improvements when I get a chance. Just had the busiest week of work since my university days so no time for XSuite.
I uploaded the latest beta version. The only visible change is that the installer/uninstaller now works with 1.0.x (the plugins end up in a directory called XSuite). It's hardcoded so it won't work with pre-1.0.x gbpvr.

I wanted to implement the request to make clients access the rectracker.mdb on the server. I found out that the code was duplicated between rectracker.dll (used by cdk scheduler, and rectracker.exe) and XRecord. I spent my time reorganizing things so that rectracker.dll has all the code/fixes and XRecord calls it instead of duplicate code. It should now be easier to make rectracker.mdb accessible from the client (time/WAF permitting).
fla Wrote:I uploaded the latest beta version. The only visible change is that the installer/uninstaller now works with 1.0.x (the plugins end up in a directory called XSuite). It's hardcoded so it won't work with pre-1.0.x gbpvr.

I wanted to implement the request to make clients access the rectracker.mdb on the server. I found out that the code was duplicated between rectracker.dll (used by cdk scheduler, and rectracker.exe) and XRecord. I spent my time reorganizing things so that rectracker.dll has all the code/fixes and XRecord calls it instead of duplicate code. It should now be easier to make rectracker.mdb accessible from the client (time/WAF permitting).

:woot:
I made an difference to the world!!!

downloading now
I dont get it.
do I need to edit rectracker.dll to point to the server??
how do you edit dlls??
It's not finished yet. Next beta should complete the change.
Yeah, I noticed that duplicate code between rectracker.exe and the rectracker.dll. I thought we had addressed that a while ago, but apparently I only did it on my local system.

Oh well.
fla Wrote:It's not finished yet. Next beta should complete the change.

gotcha
Wink
KingArgyle Wrote:Yeah, I noticed that duplicate code between rectracker.exe and the rectracker.dll. I thought we had addressed that a while ago, but apparently I only did it on my local system.
I think that part is fine. The duplication I removed was in the XRecord plugin itself which had local almost identical copies of rectracker.dll code.

I uploaded a new beta of XRecord. In the current build, XRecord will now recognize when it's running on a client and use the rectracker.mdb on the "Database share" from the config.exe's "Capture Sources" tab. If you go into XRecord's "Watched" menu, you'll see the contents of the rectracker.mdb on the server. I didn't make any changes to rectracker.exe yet. Don't know yet if I can do the same automatic thing or will need to add a command line argument to specify the path to the database.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8