NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dancing hour glass in videos button.. never goes away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble with my first install of Video Archive. I set up everything I could find in the plugin settings screen, but am still having no luck.

When I open the videos screen, it just sits there with a dancing hour glass at the top... i've let the machine sit for long periods of time (i.e. overnight), but I never actually get a list of my files... even when I set the program to look at my DVDs directory which only has two movies which were both imported by the plugin, I still get nothing.

What log files and/or settings can I look at to discover what's going on?

Will the VA plugin not work with my previous Video Library folder... it has 280 total files, which are a mix of .dvr_ms, .mpg .avi (and a few .rm .asf and quicktime files) - do I need to remove certain file types?

I was on the main 3.0 version, but since that wasn't working, I've since installed the vatestversion.zip from the server (downloaded 6-8-07)

Thanks!
If you could zip up and post the *.log files from the jeff subdirectory and your config.xml file I can take a look. It should not take anywhere near that long. I have 1800 files or something like spread over 6 disks on 3 machines and while I've never timed it it feels like a rescan takes under 10 minutes.

Jeff
Here are the logs, thanks
teststrips Wrote:I'm having trouble with my first install of Video Archive. I set up everything I could find in the plugin settings screen, but am still having no luck.

When I open the videos screen, it just sits there with a dancing hour glass at the top... i've let the machine sit for long periods of time (i.e. overnight), but I never actually get a list of my files... even when I set the program to look at my DVDs directory which only has two movies which were both imported by the plugin, I still get nothing.

What log files and/or settings can I look at to discover what's going on?

Will the VA plugin not work with my previous Video Library folder... it has 280 total files, which are a mix of .dvr_ms, .mpg .avi (and a few .rm .asf and quicktime files) - do I need to remove certain file types?

I was on the main 3.0 version, but since that wasn't working, I've since installed the vatestversion.zip from the server (downloaded 6-8-07)

Thanks!

I had what seemed to be the same problem when I used the latest beta. I moved back to the standard distribution and it comes up fine.
teststrips Wrote:Here are the logs, thanks

Can you delete all the *.log files, start gbpvr and then enter the video plug-in. These log files don't have any useful information in them. They look like the plug-in was never started.

You also need to configure the plug-in to add E:\Videos to the list of video paths. The plug-in does not use the VideoLibrary settings from the gbpvr video plug-in so you need to add it to the plug-ins list for these files to show up.

Jeff
logs redone...

Opened GBPVR - then opened the videos tab... got the dancing hour glass.... after awhile I get the screen saver... waking the screen saver results in me being back at the main menu.
It looks like the problem is caused by this

Code:
06/08/07 04:28:42:953 PM[6]           DVD List: Request to add E:\movies\Movies\ to list of monitored directories
06/08/07 04:28:42:953 PM[6]              Error System.ArgumentException: The directory name E:\movies\Movies\ is invalid.

The plug-in should have rejected the directory but it seems that it added it to the list of directories anyways and it can never fill the list of flies since this directory is bad.

Does the directory E:\movies\Movies\ exist on your machine?

Jeff
I've been having this same problem Jeff.

I checked my logs for this issue but my directories seem to be valid. x:\movies is the directory. I am led to believe that some thing in the particular directory chokes it, it just keeps looping over and over the same thing. As long as I don't point to this directory and use the regular db directory all is good.

The movies are all xvid/mp3 in avi containers.