NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trouble Detecting HP Digital/Analog Tuner For Notebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got the HP Digital/Analog TV Tuner (Expresscard) for my HP DV2000 notebook. The back of the card indicates that it has been made by Hauppauge but cannot figure out the model no to use as "capture source". So, basically gbpvr is unable to detect my card. I am running XP Pro. The card does work with a trial version of Cyberlink (which detected the card automatically). Please help! Thanks!
Its highly likely you'll only be able to use the digital side of this card, not the analog.

If you run filtercheck and attache the filtercheck.log, then I'll help you get the digital side working: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=1...ostcount=6
Thanks so much for your help!
Try adding this to your bda.ini file, then try adding a BDA capture source.

[Hauppauge OEM 885]
TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
FILTER_TUNER=Hauppauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod
FILTER_CAPTURE=Hauppauge WinTV 885 TS Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
So, now the tuner is being detected. My BDA Source is: BDA Recording Plugin; EPG Source is: Zap2it and I did manage to update EPG. Now when try to launch the application I get the following error: No channels have been setup. Please run the Configuration utility and setup the EPG Source. Use the "Update EPG" button to force the system to import that latest set of channel and programme information.

I have what Comcast calls "Enhanced Digital TV". Thanks.
You need to have clicked the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button. It'll scan for channels, then you have to map them so that they're available to GB-PVR.

The digital side of this device is only for OTA ATSC (over the air), so you'd have to have an antenna attached to pick up these digital channels. I'm fairly sure Comcast is a cable company, so you wont pickup any channels with your cable plugged in.
Thanks. So, I went and ran the mapping process with an antenna attached like you recommended. It took a while...it did detect a bunch of channels. Then when I tried to map the channels, I get this error: GB-PVR Configuration has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I shut down the machine and rebooted the system. Launched the config program and again when I go to the mapping tab of the application, I get this error message again. Please let me know. Sorry this is getting so involved...hopefully not wasting your time. Thanks.
Try deleting any *.cache files from C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\BDA, then try again.
Just prior to seeing your reply, I decided to remove my current source and re-add the source. The error message was gone and I was able to get the application to rescan the channels. The error message came back again when after the channel scanning was complete I clicked on the channel to see a preview in the small window.
Now, per your instructions, I have deleted the cache files and I am starting over again.
So, now I avoided clicking on the preview window and mapped the channels. I can get CLEAR audio but no video now.
Pages: 1 2