NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GameZone 1.2 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The release of GameZone 1.2 is to fix the issues around ePSXe I am in the process of updating the wiki to make it clearer on the configuration and the issues around configuraing ePSXe.

As know other files are updated then you can just change the gamezone.dll file for the new version see wiki patch build.

Regards
hiya

I have tried this new one Smile
No errors when opening the config properly, set epsxe options and clicked enable, all good no errors. set up a rom (image file) but didnt work form within gbpvr, just ran the bios and "hung" till i hit escape, what image files does it support, if any? or is it from cd only?

when trying "from cd" with gbpvr it throws this error with gbpvr "Error: The path is not of a legal form" have double checked and made sure that the cd i have the disc in is the right one selected.

Thank you
Peter
Hi,

I am going to be updating the wiki with a hopefully a much better ePSXe installation explaination so check in around 2 hours and hopefully most of your problems will be answered. Any that remain we will go through in the forums.

Cheers
Hi,

Ok a bit of testing found a couple more errors, really a bit of a joke as ePSXe was the firsat emulator supported by GameZone and the new features introduced actually broke parts of ePSXe, nevermind on with the fix.

I have now hopefully fixed the issue you are having also to run CDROMS you must have the nogui option selected in case some one has not selected this option I now temporary override the arguments and set this.

Please try this new version of 1.2a

Thanks
Hiya

Excellent work Smile installed 1.2a
Play from CD now works from within gbpvr when inserting a cd.
the run bios works now too which didn't before.
Now i need to get it to run the image cd's of games, i tried a mds (alcohol 120%) and didnt work, but will convert one to iso and give that a go, should work. will post here.

Thank you so much for your work Smile
Peter
Glad to hear it now works! Thank you for providing me with the details and feedback after changes it makes a real difference to development speed when there is an external person assisting.

I believe ePSXe supports ISO, BIN and IMG from my experience, do not try converting between image types you need to rip to the correct type from the source.

You mentioned you had mame configured which version are you using as I have just tried the latest and I am having problems see my new thread...

Cheers

Paul
Hiya Paul

I ripped a proper ISO, works perfect when run from within gbpvr. Smile

Just a question, how do you get the gamezone dll to run the iso, i know with epsxe, what commands did you use?
Reason i ask, maybe you can get the dll to mount a mds file with daemon tool then run from the virtual drive?

Thank you
Peter
ThunderStorm Wrote:Hiya Paul

I ripped a proper ISO, works perfect when run from within gbpvr. Smile

Just a question, how do you get the gamezone dll to run the iso, i know with epsxe, what commands did you use?
Reason i ask, maybe you can get the dll to mount a mds file with daemon tool then run from the virtual drive?

Thank you
Peter

ePSXe has inbuilt support to read .iso, .bin and .img files, daemon tools also supports most if not all of these formats as well as some others.
The advantage of using daemon tools for example for GameZone is a few extra CD image formats become supported.
The disadvantage is I need to ensure that multiple versions of daemon tools work and that I change discs. This was looked into and found to not be worth the effort for a few extra formats. if it was to add virtual CD support entirely then it may be worth doing but this is not the case.
I did come across an Arcade game front end that supported daemon tools but it only supported an old version that new users were having problems finding or else the users needed a newer version for features when using other application, Not Good :-(

Cheers
ok fair enough Smile

I thought if i mount a mds as a cd then rip it to ISO it would work, but nope that dont either lol, So i remade my little script to mount it for me then run the psx pointing to the image drive, when it exits it resets the drive back to D and de-mounts the image Smile

Thanx
Peter
ThunderStorm Wrote:ok fair enough Smile

I thought if i mount a mds as a cd then rip it to ISO it would work, but nope that dont either lol, So i remade my little script to mount it for me then run the psx pointing to the image drive, when it exits it resets the drive back to D and de-mounts the image Smile

Thanx
Peter

If your script is version agnostic then it might be something I can simply add in to GameZone to give you an "Unmount VirtualCD" and "Mount VirtualCD" buttons. if you are interested either post the script or PM the Script.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2