NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HP brand Adaptec 3610 works with GB-PVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen that the Adaptec AVC3610 dual tuner USB device can readily be made to work with GB-PVR, but has anyone used the HP branded version?

Some of the eBay auctions repeatedly declare that it will only work with MS Media Center software. I don't know if this is true because the HP drivers are written this way, or if it's just an attempt to reduce the number of returns due to "not working" with software X (and/or user cluelessness Smile ).
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...aptec+3610
according to this it does but it doesnt say its a hp
(the pvr150mce make you beleive they only work with mce aswell)
so if the hardware is the same i cant see why it wont work
I got my HP one to work on WinXP Pro, however still figuring out how to get it's internal IR Blaster to work, that piece may only work in MCE, I'm still searching forums to see if I can find out if some else has been able to.
They are the same device as far as I know. I have the adaptec version but I am using he HP driver because it allows FM radio to work in GBPVR.
yeah, mine is an HP version, and it works great. (using XP Pro)
The only difference from the hp version and a retail 3610 is the logo.

if it helps, I used the drivers found here

edit: I also never got the IR drivers to work, but I didn't look into it very much since I didn't get a remote with mine