NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UbuStream v2.2 Beta now available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
UbuStream v2.2 is now available for testing. You can download it from the main UbuStream wiki page.

New features:
  • RSS feed support (RSS 2.0, iTunes and Media extensions) enables subscribing to syndicated audio/video content (podcasts and vodcasts). Enclosure media files can be directly streamed from URL or downloaded to disk for later playback.
  • Thumbnail image support for stations and groups.
  • Ability to toggle between list, detail, icon and filmstrip views in the plugin UI.
  • Web video search (find videos using Google, Yahoo or YouTube search engines). Import selected results as stations and/or save search as RSS feed.
  • Multi-tier nested groups (organize groups within groups; mix stations and groups within parent groups).
  • Built-in scheduling of Dynamic Source and RSS Feed updates.
  • Ability to select individual real-time AutoSynch updates directly from the plugin UI.
  • Improved logging of Config app and AutoSynch events and errors.
  • Dynamic Source configuration “Setup” form support.
  • Various cosmetic and usability changes to both the config app and the plugin UI.
Check out the v2.2 README file for more details about the new features. This release is looking fairly stable but I'm sure there's a few "undocumented" features still to be found. Let me know if you find any.

Enjoy!
Have you tested this with 1.00.8 and PVRx2?

I'm having issues.

I uninstalled everything Ubu. Installed UbuRadio (latest version) then UbuStream 2.2. (Config UI works great BTW)

Go into PVRx2, locally, and get unhandled exceptions in the code.
Get a PVRX2 box, with Details and Continue.
Details says, NullReferenceException: Object ref not set to an instance of an object
at UbuStreamPlugin.UbuStreamPluginTask.needsRendering()

I'm wondering... I copied the UbuRadio and UbuStream DLLs from Plugins to Plugins\Legacy to get it to work... is there something else I need to do with the config?
mkenyon2 Wrote:Have you tested this with 1.00.8 and PVRx2?
I'm having some hardware issues that have prevented me from testing v2.2 with 1.0.08 and PVRX2, so I'm looking for someone to test it for me. Looks like you just volunteered. Wink

Quote: I uninstalled everything Ubu. Installed UbuRadio (latest version) then UbuStream 2.2. (Config UI works great BTW)
Did you copy the plugin dll files from gbpvr\plugins to gbpvr\plugins\UbuStream? PVRX2 expects the plugin dll to be in a directory below the plugins directory. I've changed the installer to copy them (UbuStreamPlugin.dll, ExternalRecorder.dll and RecorderHelper.dll) but haven't uploaded that version to the wiki yet.

Quote:Go into PVRx2, locally, and get unhandled exceptions in the code.
If the exceptions are being caused by something other than the dlls being in the wrong place, can you let me have the relevant log file(s) and/or screen prints, so I can see the exception messages.
I will do more testing ASAP.

PS, I like how easy it is now to select CNN and RSS feeds. Can't wait to see 'em.
Here's a screenshot and logs.

This is a screenshot of the error.

The PVRX2 screen turns to a white box with a red x spanning the window.
I also get a white screen with a big X. Here is a copy of my logs folder also.
I renamed the folder .\skin\blue\CommonDialogs\ to .\skin\blue\Common Dialogs\ and now GBPVR.exe works but pvrx2 still has an unhandled exception on my machine.
mkenyon2 Wrote:The PVRX2 screen turns to a white box with a red x spanning the window.

dgeezer Wrote:I also get a white screen with a big X. Here is a copy of my logs folder also.
The big red X is usually what you get if GB-PVR can't find the skin file. But I notice both your PVRX2.exe.log files end up complaining (repeatedly) about a null reference in the needsRendering() method, so that seems like the "smoking gun". I have no idea what the problem is, so have asked the question on the Developers forum. I'll get back to you when I have something more concrete.

In passsing, I also noticed that both logs showed some problem loading the RecorderHelper dll from ExternalRecorder. Since this only affects UbuStream when used in channel mode, I'll put that one on the back burner until the more urgent problems are fixed.

dgeezer Wrote:I renamed the folder .\skin\blue\CommonDialogs\ to .\skin\blue\Common Dialogs\ and now GBPVR.exe works but pvrx2 still has an unhandled exception on my machine.
You uncovered a misspelling in my installer code. "Common Dialogs" (with a space) is correct. This directory is part of the GbpvrCommonUtilities library which my installer will install if it doesn't find it on your system. I guess nobody noticed it before because they had already installed GbpvrCommonUtilities (which would have created the directory with the correct name) and my incorrectly spelled directory would never have been used.
....after further thought:

Try copying the attached dll into plugins\UbuStream. It might fix the problem. If not, it will give us some additional log messages to help nail it down. In either case, let me have the PVRX2.exe.log so I can see what it did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4