NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPGExtra on GB-PVR 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know the dust hasn't settled but EPGExtra 1.1 won't work on GBPVR 1.0.

Quote:Start time: 8:07:36 PM
Reading program data from Zap2it.xml.....
Programs read: 7657
Updating GBPVR database program descriptions.....
...using System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteFactory DB Provider Factory
Error: -2147467259 SQLite error
no such table: PROGRAMME
UPDATE PROGRAMME SET description = substr('(2007) ' || description || '', 1, 255
) WHERE unique_identifier = 'EP9366620007' AND NOT description LIKE '(%' AND NOT
description LIKE '%)'
Total db rows processed: 0

A total of 0 GBPVR program descriptions successfully updated.
Stop time: 8:07:37 PM
Elapsed time: 0.013 minutes.

EDIT: Scratch that. After doing another EPG update, it seemed to take:
Quote:Start time: 8:55:07 PM
Reading program data from Zap2it.xml.....
Programs read: 12516
Updating GBPVR database program descriptions.....
...using System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteFactory DB Provider Factory
Rows updated: 2118.....
Rows updated: 4240.....
Rows updated: 6143.....
Rows updated: 7928.....
Rows updated: 9772.....
Rows updated: 11833.....
Rows updated: 14195.....
Rows updated: 16562.....
Rows updated: 18750.....
Rows updated: 20697.....
Rows updated: 26934.....
Rows updated: 29064.....

A total of 30159 GBPVR program descriptions successfully updated.
Stop time: 9:09:48 PM
Elapsed time: 14.68 minutes.
Well, nice to know it works with 1.0.08 but EPGExtra will be toast, in any case, after September when Zap2it closes its doors to us PVR "hobbyists".

I'm keeping an eye on the various approaches to replacing Zap2it as an EPG source. Once a "preferred" solution starts to emerge, I'll look into whether it's worth writing "EPGExtra - the sequel". That's assuming that the additional attributes provided by EPGExtra will be available in any new EPG source.
Very good point. I never put 2+2 together. That means another EPG plugin I use will be dead as well. I'm hopeful for the sequel.
ubu Wrote:Well, nice to know it works with 1.0.08 but EPGExtra will be toast, in any case, after September when Zap2it closes its doors to us PVR "hobbyists".

Since the c:\Zap2it.xml file is still created when GBPVR updates the epg via Schedules Direct, EPGExtra should still work, right?

I just tried it, and it seemed to work ok.
ubu Wrote:Well, nice to know it works with 1.0.08 but EPGExtra will be toast, in any case, after September when Zap2it closes its doors to us PVR "hobbyists".

I'm keeping an eye on the various approaches to replacing Zap2it as an EPG source. Once a "preferred" solution starts to emerge, I'll look into whether it's worth writing "EPGExtra - the sequel". That's assuming that the additional attributes provided by EPGExtra will be available in any new EPG source.

I'd be really happy if you made it work with my program, Yapi2xml, it includes all the data zap2it had.

If you want me to send you sample xml file output let me know or get it at the wiki Smile
4zm4r3d02 Wrote:Since the c:\Zap2it.xml file is still created when GBPVR updates the epg via Schedules Direct, EPGExtra should still work, right?

I just tried it, and it seemed to work ok.
Well that's good news. I guess my declaration of EPGExtra's demise was premature.

-Oz- Wrote:I'd be really happy if you made it work with my program, Yapi2xml, it includes all the data zap2it had.
Once I get a chance to install Yapi2xml (real snappy name, btw :p ) I'll start work on adding Yapi2xml support to EPGExtra.

Presumably, if the Yapi2xml output is in standard XMLTV format, then modifying EPGExtra to read it would effectively add support for any XMLTV EPG source (which is probably a good thing).
ubu Wrote:Presumably, if the Yapi2xml output is in standard XMLTV format, then modifying EPGExtra to read it would effectively add support for any XMLTV EPG source (which is probably a good thing).

Glad you like the name Smile

Yea, it is standard XMLTV. With the changes whurlston and myself agreed upon as well as those agreed upon by the myth-tv developers (who are running schedules direct).
I'm working on a modified XmlTv.dtd for some things that -Oz- and I were able to add in the data for Yapi2xml, YahooXMLTv and MceEpg2XmlTv that are not covered in the original DTD.

As -Oz- said, we have been working on coordinating the output of the three programs so your Yapi2xml support should work on the other two as well.
whurlston Wrote:I'm working on a modified XmlTv.dtd for some things that -Oz- and I were able to add in the data for Yapi2xml, YahooXMLTv and MceEpg2XmlTv that are not covered in the original DTD.

As -Oz- said, we have been working on coordinating the output of the three programs so your Yapi2xml support should work on the other two as well.

Exactly, cooperation is good.
I haven't forgotten about this. Just been busy.

My initial take on what's involved to get EPGExtra to work with the XMLTV output from the three programs is that my main problem is that the program ID is not available in the XML schema.

Currently, EPGExtra reads the program ID from the zap2it.xml file generated by the GBPVR update EPG process and then uses that as the key for updating the Programme table in the GBPVR database. The program ID gives me the unique identifier for a specific instance of a program being aired at a specific time. Since the XMLTV schema doesn't appear to have an equivalent identifier, I'd have to use something like a concatenation of title, channel and start time to access it. :eek:

I'd been hoping that I'd just have to add some code to read an alternate input format while leaving the database access code unchanged. But it looks like this will involve a more major rewrite. I'll try to get to it ASAP.
Pages: 1 2 3