NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What is best MVP skin for CRT w/1.08?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just started using my MVP's again with the new release. The main menu screen is very hard to read and the other screens like the recordings are impossible to read. The fonts are blurry and multi colored (like the colors are not on top of eachother) This is on a 32" CRT television. This was not an issue with the older releases. The videos and live TV show OK but the skins are horrible for viewing. Does anyone else have this issue? What skin works best? I don't know of any settings that can fix this, but???

The WAF is so low that she laughed at me when I fired up the MVP for the first time. I can't even read the menus well enough to record a show.Sad
That sounds weird... mine look fine, in fact better (crisper) than they did before. I have some other issues with 1.08, but appearance isn't one of them.

There is a community skin beta for 1.08 you could try, but have you checked all your cabling, etc?
hmmm, that is good news. I will replace the cables tonight and see if that helps. This increases my optimism a lot.
This isn't specific to 1.08 (haven't installed that yet), but sometime the text on my MVP would look like total garbage. Like you described, convergence was off, very blurry, almost looks like 2 images, slightly offset from each other.

In any event, the only fix for me was to pull the power wait 10 seconds and plug it in again.
I'm convinced that some monitors will not have the resolution do do PVRX2 justice, and it is more a limitation of the monitor itself. Until (if it is even possible) there are skins that will display well in low-res, I think the only solution is change the MVP server from PVRX2 to GBPVR. This way you get the old interface back to keep the laughing down.

Martin
Yeah, it does vary quite a bit from TV to TV. On the old Sony CRT tv in my office, the MVP looks brilliant, and the text is really easy to read. On the more recent Mitsubishi TV in bedroom its pretty hard to read. In this case its the TV letting the side down, not the MVP or GB-PVR.
As an update, I tried a different svideo cable and it is MUCH better. There is still a small amount of ghosting of the letters directly below the letters (about 1/8 of a letter) but it is very livable. I am off to get some high quality cables since I had to rob one for my test. Still, I would suggest the skinners use slightly bigger fonts for the MVP. Especially on the main screen and on the video library screens where the fonts are small unless selected. The selected ones are great, but the smaller ones are very hard on my old eyes!
Quote:The selected ones are great, but the smaller ones are very hard on my old eyes!

Aaahhaaa, it's the age of my eyes, not from the tv.:eek:
Edit: Well I knew that, going to the optician shortly, had glasses all my life but now I think I need some trifocal ones at least.
soccerdad Wrote:As an update, I tried a different svideo cable and it is MUCH better. There is still a small amount of ghosting of the letters directly below the letters (about 1/8 of a letter) but it is very livable. I am off to get some high quality cables since I had to rob one for my test. Still, I would suggest the skinners use slightly bigger fonts for the MVP. Especially on the main screen and on the video library screens where the fonts are small unless selected. The selected ones are great, but the smaller ones are very hard on my old eyes!

With the CommunitySkin, using the SkinPlugin, you can select HiVis themes for the legacy plugins (not the new UI at this time).
Check out my thread: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=27736

There was discussion on how to increase the font size in the skin. It helped on my TV.