NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What is emulation mode really?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess the real question is, other the GBPVR, what else can emulation mode be used for? Can I change the text on the button? Not sure how configurable the mvpmc initial screen is. Can I add more buttons?

Thanks,
Greg
ggee Wrote:I guess the real question is, other the GBPVR, what else can emulation mode be used for? Can I change the text on the button? Not sure how configurable the mvpmc initial screen is. Can I add more buttons?

I'm not sure I follow if you want to know more about emulation mode or about mvpmc itself. Since emulation mode is typically a dumb client, it can't be modified too much without the server being aware. GBPVR creates all the screens, emulation mode simply display them as graphics not text so very little manipulation is possible.

For the initial menu you can turn off everything but the About option, here is a wiki link to the options.
http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/commandline

More buttons could be added, but I don't know what you could do with them. This is what I've tried to achieve with the Go keys, add a few choices that add to the functionality.

Martin
Sorry, too many questions at once. Treat them as separate topics.

1. Can emulation mode be used by other servers than GBPVR?

2. On the MVP initial screen where it shows About, mythtv, emuation, etc. Can I add another button to that list. Purpose would be to have a different button pre PVR. As an example, if I have 2 GBPVR, I would like to add another button to the list for each PVR.

Thanks,
Greg
ggee Wrote:Sorry, too many questions at once. Treat them as separate topics.

1. Can emulation mode be used by other servers than GBPVR?

Originally I did all my work against Hauppauge but the shspvr community seems to love their Hauppauge software, but I do test against it every once in awhile. I've also connected to all three of Dominc Morris' linux based servers including his NSLU2 version, and another little known server called medianet. I assume BTV skins would work just like the Hauppauge software and Snapstream offered the software but I couldn't get it stable enough on my Windows machine to try. SageTV uses it's own protocol and wasn't willing to share too much. I actually wished they had because they have a kernel that would have allowed us to consider WPA.

By far the GBPVR community has been the most help. Before sub kindly offered this forum, 3 members dazza139, fred250, pwe169 did a lot of the base testing or this wouldn't have been possible. If you read through the posts here look at the fantastic support I've had. Given all that I don't see any reason to to search out another server to support.

Quote:2. On the MVP initial screen where it shows About, mythtv, emuation, etc. Can I add another button to that list. Purpose would be to have a different button pre PVR. As an example, if I have 2 GBPVR, I would like to add another button to the list for each PVR.

Thanks,
Greg

Trivial if you can compile it yourself, but not possible right now and not high on my priority list. You can easily change the IP you connect to through the mvpmc's web browser config.

Martin