NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Wireless MediaMVP & GB-PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may not be the appropriate place for this, I just wanted to say a public "Thank You!" (I also sent a PayPal donation to Graeme.)

I bought the Wireless MediaMVP (1016), although I'm using it wired for best performance. I installed the Hauppauge software from CD.

When my DivX movies stuttered and I could get no sound from movies or music, I removed the software, downloaded it from their website and installed that - thinking that it might be more current and would resolve the issues.

It was clearly not an issue with my hardware, which is way beyond their requirements, so I was kind of stumped. I started Googling - I wish that I had done that in the first place! - and found GB-PVR.

I removed the Hauppauge software, installed GB-PVR and within 15 minutes was using the MediaMVP device to watch (and listen to) nearly perfect music and videos on my TV. No stutter whatsoever and only an insignificant difference in video quality from DVD.

Now if I can figure out how to move through the listings a screen at a time, rather than by scrolling down, I'll really be happy!

Very well done, thanks!
Welcome to the community Smile

Have a look here, it list`s all the remote functions on the different menus

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manua...dReference

HTH`s

Pete
MarkStH Wrote:Now if I can figure out how to move through the listings a screen at a time, rather than by scrolling down, I'll really be happy!
On most screens you can use skip for jumping up/down a page.

The tv guide is a bit more complex since navigation is in four directions. The skip buttons go forward/back a day. ff/rw go forward/back a page. blue/green goes up/down a page.

Quote:Very well done, thanks!
Good to hear you're enjoying it.
I've been using it for a couple hours now and have become quite comfortable with the functions and features.

I have their PVR-350 in the PC that's acting as server, so I know that I have a lot more to learn about tying it all together. I'm actually able to do all that I need to right now, so anything else is a bonus.

This is so great!