NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sassari V2 for PVRX2 in Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I just wanted to let all the Sassari users out there know that I am working on updating the skin for PVRX2, I have a couple features that you should like.

You can now change the colors of the background yourself, all that has to be changed is one value in baseskin.xml.
Along with this is the ability to change the 'trible' (do we want to call this tribal?) image to match your buttons, or whatever else you want it to match.

I need a little bit of input on that actually,
what colors do you guys want in the buttons and tribal logo? some general suggestions would be good, but I am willing to do specific requests, just give me the hex value for the colors.

I look forward to any feedback. Smile

cheers
cool, once this skin is released ill probably switch back to gbpvr.

couple of requests.
1. make the images large! im running at 1920x1080 (and i suspect more and more will be running at this res) so lower quality images look really really bad.
2. colour wise, i always liked dark tones, black backgrounds and blue buttons.
3. make full use of the screen, i dont really like how the current ws skin has a sidebar so you're not actually displaying any more icons/folders/whatever on the screen (but i suspect this was due to a limitation in gbpvr's list control)
As Reven doesn't like Black and Gold Sad how about a dark background and Lime (A8CE00)

I actually like the empty area on the right to place the plugin name, task image, and general information, it also kept the InsertRect in a handy place (for when it returns). However the TV Guide benefits from the wider screen area. It would also make the skin different from others, as no doubt most of them will use the full width of the screen
reven Wrote:cool, once this skin is released ill probably switch back to gbpvr.
oh... thanks, now I get all of your fanboys hounding me to finish the skin :p

thanks, seriously, I am always happy when someone really likes any work I do.
reven Wrote:1. make the images large! im running at 1920x1080 (and i suspect more and more will be running at this res) so lower quality images look really really bad.
the current images are larger than normal GB-PVR images, but still not quite big enough for 1920x1080, I will see what I can do about resizing them, I think I have all the psd files necessary, but I will say that it is all dottore's work, and I am really just kinda hacking it together...
reven Wrote:2. colour wise, i always liked dark tones, black backgrounds and blue buttons.
ok blue buttons are already in there, I will make a blue tribal image to match them.
reven Wrote:3. make full use of the screen, i dont really like how the current ws skin has a sidebar so you're not actually displaying any more icons/folders/whatever on the screen (but i suspect this was due to a limitation in gbpvr's list control)
I personally like the sidebar the way it is, but I will look into making two versions, with and without the sidebar.

actually I think the list controls would work fine if stretched to the edge of the screen, I think dottore did it more to make nuoro (or whatever) easier to develop, since everything was the same except the sidebar.

cameluk Wrote:As Reven doesn't like Black and Gold how about a dark background and Lime (A8CE00)
I am no longer in the business of specifying background colors Smile that is entirely up to you to decide, since the only thing to change is one hex value in baseskin.xml

as for the lime green, if YOU like it, I will make it, but dont just go making stuff up because you want reven to like it :p

cameluk Wrote:I actually like the empty area on the right to place the plugin name, task image, and general information, it also kept the InsertRect in a handy place (for when it returns). However the TV Guide benefits from the wider screen area. It would also make the skin different from others, as no doubt most of them will use the full width of the screen
I can look into setting up a TVGuide skin that presses into that sidebar... but I already thought that there was plenty of information on the tvguide screen the way the skin used to be... there really is only so much information that I can take in at one time :p
Ted the Penguin Wrote:as for the lime green, if YOU like it, I will make it, but dont just go making stuff up because you want reven to like it

I saw the lime green skin on MP and thought it was very different so tried it, love it as its so different to any other skins (very much like your red version), anything to get away from blue Big Grin

MP appears to have some great ideas for skins, and I see that one of the skinners here has dabbled over there as well
hey I just like red :p

but I will be happy to make the buttons and the tribal logo match the color you specified

as for the main menu... well i think you all know that the horizontal main menu is not supported yet, so its going to be vertical to start, also, I am not sure exactly how extensively the task images are supported, so there may only be one task image visible, for the currently selected item.
that is it? only one color request??

I was pretty sure that more people than that used sassari.

or do all of you like the blue/green and the red/black versions?
sassari? what's that? I thought everyone used 'default Blue'

LOL

Seriously. I'm lurking, and ready to pounce...
Ted the Penguin Wrote:that is it? only one color request??

I was pretty sure that more people than that used sassari.

or do all of you like the blue/green and the red/black versions?

I have yet to update so that I can use the Sassari skins but if it is easy enough one might also want to consider orange and yellow too? I think this may also look pretty sharp.

* Forgive the yellow as I didn't change the text to a black or grey color *
I will probably use a bit darker shade for those, since they are rather bright. unless you have specific hex values you want used.

I WISH I could use a mask... then I could just create outlines for every button and use it as a mask for a rectangle of the color that you can choose
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7