NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmc Report Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Two weeks ago when 1.0.8 was released I expected a flood of reports of problems with emulation mode, especially since Vista users weren't given too much choice. There have been a few hundred downloads probably twenty times as many as during earlier testing but I have not had any feedback. Since I don't actually use GBPVR this feedback is crucial or emulation mode won't get better.

I am eager to start porting emulation mode to other hardware but I don't want to do this until I feel I have a stable codebase and I would appreciate it if anyone who has tried mvpmc with GBPVR could give me an interim report card.

Thanks.

Martin
For playing music with musiclibrary 2 it's light years ahead of the standard dongle.

tkgafs
Well for one, FF/REW works far better than the stock Hauppauge Dongle

I'll play alot more with it especially if you're about to start porting it to the other hardware you have.. Unbox it yet?
BrainStormer Wrote:Well for one, FF/REW works far better than the stock Hauppauge Dongle

I'll play alot more with it especially if you're about to start porting it to the other hardware you have.. Unbox it yet?

I haven't started on any ports yet and the DSM 320 is still in the box.Sad That's actually the reason for this survey. I've got all this hardware calling my name but except for the test team I have had no idea if anyone is actually trying/using/like/hating things right now.

Martin
Well I like it a lot. I have not used the Haupp dongle for 3 months now. Most issues have been plugin related for me. The best advantages?
  • Stable & responsive
  • Works with Vista (I don't have it though)
  • WOL
  • FF/RW works
  • GUI to turn it off & set it up*
The setup can be a bit daunting for a lot of folks though TBH. It's not quite drag and drop into the dongle directory).

* IMO you'd probably get a lot more responses if you made an installer, setting the path to make it go straight into emulate mode with a default setup line, having checkbox options in the http GUI etc etc. Smile ... lot of work though?

I'd be dead keen on knowing I can go further with a box that can play DivX, MP4 and other things etc natively....

k.
I'm using it - well, playing with it to be honest - on one of my MVPs. I need to devote more time it, but take this as encouragement.
jksmurf Wrote:The setup can be a bit daunting for a lot of folks though TBH. It's not quite drag and drop into the dongle directory).

Actually it works just fine by drag & drop. The difference comes if you want to autotart the dongle into emulation mode. Setting up a share is difficult for some and trivial for others. You definitely had the worst experience I've seen. If enough users of emulation mode existed, I think it woujld be trivial for sub to add the logic to send the command line when mvpmc requests it by tftp.

Quote:
I'd be dead keen on knowing I can go further with a box that can play DivX, MP4 and other things etc natively....

k.

Again this is going to take a critical mass of users for sub to change the server. For example I'd like to bybass the mux to get raw mpeg-ts files to mvpmc but understandably it is low on sub's priority list.

Martin
jksmurf Wrote:
  • Stable & responsive
  • Works with Vista (I don't have it though)
  • WOL
  • FF/RW works
  • GUI to turn it off & set it up*
Mute button works
I'm very happy with it too, I don't get any reports/complaints from the 2 bosses here at home so that's good. I don't use it much myself, but later today I'll do some "testing" and I'll hand in a report-card.
I think you are doing a wonderful job Martin, and I fully understand how you feel about this. But....it's probably your own fault for the greater part, because it works so well, people don't feel the need to come back here.Smile

cya Hans
As you know, I am using it full-time as a Vista user. I have also installed it on a friend's Vista setup. I am very happy with it and REALLY appreciate your tremendous work.

One thing I have been meaning to comment on is that often when switching the TV to GBPVR from the mvp it is sitting at the Emulate menu rather than GBPVR. I guess this shouldn't be happening unless the recording svc or server has been reset? Should I be trying to get a log that might throw some light on the cause? Does it indicate that my auto start in emulate mode share is not working??
Pages: 1 2 3