NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DHCP issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else had issues getting MVP to pick up an IP address?

I have a H3 model which won't pick up an IP address however a H4 (or PC) plugged into the same LAN port has no issue. Done some testing to eliminate cabling issues and it works if the H3 is plugged directly into the DHCP server but not if plugged into the switch which the DHCP server plugs into (patch cables changed to no effect).

Any thoughts on how to resolve appreciated.
JonRoyle Wrote:Has anyone else had issues getting MVP to pick up an IP address?

I have a H3 model which won't pick up an IP address however a H4 (or PC) plugged into the same LAN port has no issue. Done some testing to eliminate cabling issues and it works if the H3 is plugged directly into the DHCP server but not if plugged into the switch which the DHCP server plugs into (patch cables changed to no effect).

Any thoughts on how to resolve appreciated.

You mentioned earlier that you use mvpmc. Does this happen the first time that there a dhcp call and you can't find the preferred server or the second time after the mvpmc logo is displayed?

Martin
The failure is right at the start when MVP first starts up and tries to get an IP ("Check Network Status" displayed on screen). It then fails and (quite understandably) is unable to find a preferred server to download a dongle.
JonRoyle Wrote:The failure is right at the start when MVP first starts up and tries to get an IP ("Check Network Status" displayed on screen). It then fails and (quite understandably) is unable to find a preferred server to download a dongle.

That's odd after my conversations with Hauppauge I expect that these have the same boot loader. If you are using a managed switch maybe you need to clear some settings. Some switches have problems with the Hauppauge dongle switching from 1/2 to full duplex.

Martin