NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't find PVRX2.xml MusicLibrary UbuStream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've gotten a few messages on my local box about PVRX2.xml not being found. Most recently I got this:
UbuNetStreamPlayer - VLCOverlay - unhandled exception at : WinIOError
Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\PVRX2.xml'.

Attaching screenshot and logs.

I got this trying to view AFTV - Cartoons, but have gotten it simply navigating through different items.
PVRX2.xml isnt one of my files. I'm guessing you meant to post this in one of the plugin forums? I'm not sure what one to recommend given you mention both UbuStream and ML2. If you nominate one, I'll move the thread.
Let's check UbuStream. Thanks.
mkenyon2 Wrote:Let's check UbuStream. Thanks.
This is pretty wierd. From your screen print, it looks like the error is ocurring in MusicLibrary2 but getting caught in the "generic" exception handler in the VLC Preview Play code. (Which is there to catch unexpected errors in VLC playback. No idea why it would be catching MusicLibrary2 errors.)

PVRX2.xml is not a file that's used by the UbuNetStreamPlayer code. Can't tell you much more since the logs you've attached don't refer to that file either. Did you run this by psycik yet?
Ah I might have some light to shed of the problem, they might be completely unrelated errors....I know I have one with saving when the last file scan happened. And it takes the names of the executable and tries saving it as a .XML file rather than config.xml.

I have a fix coming.
Psycik, did you have anymore info on this? It's coming up again.
mkenyon2 Wrote:Psycik, did you have anymore info on this? It's coming up again.

Honestly I can't remember, I think I have in here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=28790 - I certainly don't have that happening on mine any more.

But I may have introduced an error in here where if the updater service is running and you make a change to the config, the updater service reloads the old configuration file.

If you don't use the update service then its not a problem, or like me I stop the ML update service before making a change to the config (of gbpvr).
I did the install of the latest stable version, and this seems to have gone away... thanks...

Haven't gotten to play with it yet... but I will.