NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FF hangs on wireless MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the 07/11/07 mvpmc dongle and it works great so far. But I am having a problem with FF, both in emulation and watching via the filesystem. My guess is that the bandwidth is saturated. The signal is not the greatest to that MVP. Does the dongle have throttling capabilities for the FF when video does not come in fast enough?

Similar question, when a video is playing, does the dongle give packets priority that are for messaging back to GBPVR? What I mean is, when the video is starting, I have it ask for resume or not, but the buttons are slow to respond to presses. Is that just a coincidence?

Thanks,
Greg
ggee Wrote:I'm using the 07/11/07 mvpmc dongle and it works great so far. But I am having a problem with FF, both in emulation and watching via the filesystem. My guess is that the bandwidth is saturated. The signal is not the greatest to that MVP. Does the dongle have throttling capabilities for the FF when video does not come in fast enough?

Similar question, when a video is playing, does the dongle give packets priority that are for messaging back to GBPVR? What I mean is, when the video is starting, I have it ask for resume or not, but the buttons are slow to respond to presses. Is that just a coincidence?

FF is actually not working in PVRx2 1.0.8 so if you hit the key it won't work and you will need to issue the Go Ok key to reset mvpmc. In filesystem mode it is the hardware FF that is the same as the Go FF in emulation mode which does require a double speed read. If you have high bit rate files this could be a problem since there is no throttling. In both emulation mode and filesystem skip would be less error-prone.

Regarding packet priority, in emulation mode the media stream and the gui (keystroke) stream are on different sockets so packet priority isn't the issue. On the resume example all gui components are created on the server and each keystoke generates a full screen rewrite. The screen rewrites actually includeds the unzip of a compressed screen so there are lots of things going on that can't really be avoided.

Martin
I am having a similar problem, but with short skip fast forward on the MVP. The Fast Forward button will short skip when I first start a Recording or Video, but after ~5minutes of coninuous viewing, the MVP will no longer respond to any commands (even stop or pause) The Go/FF combo still works. Any ideas?
leaded1 Wrote:I am having a similar problem, but with short skip fast forward on the MVP. The Fast Forward button will short skip when I first start a Recording or Video, but after ~5minutes of coninuous viewing, the MVP will no longer respond to any commands (even stop or pause) The Go/FF combo still works. Any ideas?

I would need to have a look at the GBPVR MVP-PVR*.log files if you can upload them. It looks like the server isn't responding to mvpmc's keystrokes anymore, possibly because of something like the PVR 150 timestamp issue. The fact that Go FF works show that mvpmc is still responding, those keys are completely internal to emulation mode and not sent to the server.

Martin
When I was looking through the MVP-PVRX2 logs, I noticed lots of plugin and skin activity. I cleared out all of my old .99.12 plugins and disabled the weather plugin, and I think The problem has gone away. I think I was putting a little too much strain on my 6+ year old computer...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

p.s. thanks for your work on the mvpmc dongle, I wouldn't use my MVP without the WOL feature!