NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 350 or 250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you guys think the pvr 350 is worth the extra money over the pvr 250? What does the 350 get you the 250 doesnt?
the 350 has a hardware mpeg-decoder and a tv-out. also a fm-stereo radio. with the 350 you can watch a recording with very little cpu-usage and work on your normal screen at full speed.
In addition, this wont add anything you if you plan to only use MVP's. The 250's will work if you do not plan to hook-up your PVR PC to a TV.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]In addition, this wont add anything you if you plan to only use MVP's.
With the PVR350 you can listen to FM radio on your MVP.

Thanks for the update.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (jquinlan @ Sep. 26 2004,16:21)]In addition, this wont add anything you if you plan to only use MVP's. The 250's will work if you do not plan to hook-up your PVR PC to a TV.
If you are running PVR250's you can still hook your PVR PC to a TV using your video card's TV-OUT. The downsides to that are a) MPEG decoding consumes CPU (not a problem on anything >1GHz) and b) the TV Out picture is not as good as what the PVR350 or MVP does (mainly when looking at fast changing scenes such as sports events)
how bad is a normal gfx card tvoutput compared to the pvr-350, normal card being a brand new one like the radeon 9600? considering its only got s-video or composite, like is it normal tv quality or less? or just not up to par with hdtv?
Does GB-PVR do overlay/full PVR functionality on the Hauppage PVR 350's TV out?  I'd like to make a PVR by only adding one card, so this would be too good to be true!
- Otherwise, I guess I have to buy a new Video card for the PC that has a TV out.  Any recommendations on a cheap but good card?  No gaming... just PVR.

Also - anyone use GB-PVR to schedule FM recording on the PVR 350?  How do you schedule such a recording?  Since it's a separate tuner, can I record TV and FM at the same time?

BTW, GB-PVR rocks!