NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Changing skin keeps MVP from booting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a weird problem on version 1.0.8 When I change the skin to a different skin other than blue the MVP will no longer connect. The funny thing is that I am not changing the skin for the MVP but the one for the PC. The skin comes up fine on the PC, but using this skin for the PC keeps the MVP from booting.

One thing to note (though I don't see it really making a difference) is that I'm using PVRX2.exe on the MVP and GBPVR.exe on the PC. --My video card doesn't correctly display the window (empty window) with PVRX2.exe. I know this is related to my on board video from other posts I have read.

Attached are my logs.
Quote:2007-07-28 22:05:05.218 ERROR [6] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\skin2\Flat Blue - High Vis\menu\skin.xml'.
I dont think the "Flat Blue - High Vis" skin has been updated for compatibility with 1.0.8. How did you select this skin? The config app should only give you options of the skins contained in the 'skin2' folder. "Flat Blue - High Vis" shouldnt have been in there, so shouldnt have been presented as an option.

The skins for the new user interface are majorly different, so will require significant rework by the skin author before they can be used.
I copied it in there. Since I was using gbpvr.exe I thought it might work, and it does seem to work ok on the PC. However it appears to mess up the MVP, even though I'm using the Blue menu on the MVP.

Is there any documentation of the changes in the skin, or do I just need to examine the blue skin to find out what is new. This skin is a skin I modified to get bigger text. I'll try to play with it and see if I can make it compatible.

Thanks for your help.
Mr. Camaro Wrote:I copied it in there. Since I was using gbpvr.exe I thought it might work, and it does seem to work ok on the PC. However it appears to mess up the MVP, even though I'm using the Blue menu on the MVP.
Sorry, you cant do that. As I said, these new skin2 files are entirely different.

Quote:Is there any documentation of the changes in the skin, or do I just need to examine the blue skin to find out what is new. This skin is a skin I modified to get bigger text. I'll try to play with it and see if I can make it compatible.
Its not a matter of tweaking it to make it compatible. You'd be effectively starting again from scratch. PVRX2 is effectively an entirely new application. It uses similar skin files, but with some significant differences (based on 'percentages' rather than 'pixels' is the most significant difference, but enough to mean every number in every file would need to be changed).

The easiest approach to trying to increase the font size while you wait for others to develop skins that use bigger fonts, is to lower the <FontDivisor> setting in config.xml. Try setting it to something like 320. It wont be perfect, but it will give a bigger font.
Thanks,

I read about that font divisor in another post. I'll give that a try and maybe I will just tweak on the new blue skin a bit to get the layout that I'm looking for.