NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Does not start GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I am trying to use the MediaMVP to play my networked media files. It does not work using the MVP software, so I have been trying to use the GBPVR software "PVRX2". Every time I start the MVP it tries to run the MediaMVP software which I have uninstalled. Please help I have spent hours on this. The GBPVR software runs on the PC.
Have you set the 'number of servers to autostart' to '1' on the MVP tab of the config app? If so, then power up your MVP, leave it for a minute or so, then zip and attach the MVP-PVRX2.exe.log file.
marty121 Wrote:Every time I start the MVP it tries to run the MediaMVP software which I have uninstalled.

When you turn on the MVP does it say that it is trying to connect? Like this below...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

If you are just seeing the above then it is really not loading the MVP Software it is just trying to connect to a server which could be the GBPVR Software or the Hauppauge software.

Setting the Autostart servers to one in the config should get it to work.

If you are actually getting into the MVP software then somehow it is still running on your PC and the MVP is connecting to it.
Hi

Log attached. I set the servers to one. The MVP software ran initially then GBPVR loaded on the TV-success! I could play some music files and view pictures, but not video; almost there. Does the GBPVR software work with Vista? Thanks for everybody's help so far.
What type of video file did you try to play? .mpg, .avi, other?
Hi

I was trying to play an avi I clicked on transcode and that did not work. I also tried wma
Can you play MPEG2 (.mpg) files ok? The MVP hardware can only natively play .mpg files or .mp3 files.

Other files like .avi can be played but are much more complicated though, since they require only the fly transcoding to convert them to an MPEG2 stream. They also require a fast PC. The recommended minimum for transcoding was a 2.4GHz P4.
Hi

Thanks for your reply, sorry for delay. Have not tried MPEG2 yet, will maybe try to convert avi/divx to MPEG first.
Hi

Trying to set MVP up with GBPVR and vista now need to know how to get the vista compatible dongle Please help
Currently the best Vista compatible dongle can be found at http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/donglex2a.zip. Extract the file to the GB-PVR 'dongle' subdirectory, then reboot your MVP.