NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Slimm GBPVR Red Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably a silly question that I just can't find the answer to anywhere.
I've just installed and it appears to be working fine but the tray icon is red - what does that signal?
Looks like a great app,
Cheers
Simon
macgyver Wrote:I've just installed and it appears to be working fine but the tray icon is red - what does that signal?

The red icon indicates you have conflicting recordings scheduled.

These recordings will be listed in the Conflicts menu and if you select one it will show you what recordings it is conflicting with and give you the option of cancelling one of them to resolve the conflict.
Oh, I see. That makes sense, there are always conflicts that I ignore.
Thanks.
Simon
1st let me say how much I appreciate your add-on.

I had the same question about the red icon just now and had to search the Wiki and here for an answer and just by chance came across this thread. It would be very useful if a hover over the Red icon gave some indication of a problem. Might be nice to have the "About" explain the icons as well.

The help button on the Tools/Tray Configuration option does nothing. I also noticed a hover only says "GBPVR Status" even though I have it configed to show a list of pending recordings.
picomode Wrote:1st let me say how much I appreciate your add-on.

Thanks Big Grin

picomode Wrote:I had the same question about the red icon just now and had to search the Wiki and here for an answer and just by chance came across this thread. It would be very useful if a hover over the Red icon gave some indication of a problem. Might be nice to have the "About" explain the icons as well.

Noted. If I put the red icon on alongside the Conflicts menu, that would probably be enough of a visual clue.

picomode Wrote:The help button on the Tools/Tray Configuration option does nothing.

Odd. Works fine on mine. Anyway, the help file can also be read from your start menu under All Programs\GB-PVR\Documentation\Slimm GB-PVR.

picomode Wrote:I also noticed a hover only says "GBPVR Status" even though I have it configured to show a list of pending recordings.

Do you have balloons enabled on your system? Slimm uses notification balloons to display its messages and if they are disabled you will only see the "GBPVR Status" tooltip.
Balloons are for...okay I am guilty of disabling them and forgetting all about it. They can become quite annoying and do not have per-program enable and disable settings. Frankly it has been an XP feature I have not missed until now.

Thanks for your help.
Specific information regarding the Slimm GB-PVR icon is now included in the help file and the red icon is also displayed next to the conflicts menu to aid understanding. Thanks for your post.

For information regarding the other features and bug fixes new to this release, please see my announcement post on my blog.