NextPVR Forums

Full Version: wish list - unarchive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it can already do this, but, I'd like the ability to "unarchive" particular recordings.

Thanks,
Greg
Looks like I have asked this before.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=9...ostcount=2

Is this still planned?

Thanks,
Greg
here's my batch file from video library alternative..Big Grin
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=26775
allows you to archive from vid library, and just create another profile to un-archive them if you want..
gbpvr won't notice a thing..Smile
all recordings still show up in normal screens, including recordings with all info..
it basically just moves the files [comskip stuff too] then updates the db..
should be able to use alongside VA without problems..
Can't really use with VA after it archives. When it archives, it moves the data from the gbpvr DB to the VA DB. I need the ability to move it back into the GBPVR DB. Can someone help or have a tool to do it?

Thanks,
Greg
There are two choices. One is in the plug-in config you can check the checkbox that says to update the gbpvr database after the file is moved. This will keep it up to date in real time. The other choice is to use the tool "Export VA Records.exe", which is installed into your main gbpvr directory, to create an XML representation of the archive database which can then be imported into gbovr.

Jeff
Jeff Wrote:There are two choices. One is in the plug-in config you can check the checkbox that says to update the gbpvr database after the file is moved. This will keep it up to date in real time.

Wow, when was this added? Is it new for v5? If I check it, will it update previous records or just new recordings?

Jeff Wrote:The other choice is to use the tool "Export VA Records.exe", which is installed into your main gbpvr directory, to create an XML representation of the archive database which can then be imported into gbovr.

Jeff

I haven't used GBPVR import before, does it overwrite or append? I don't want to lose anything. Or does this export snapshot all records(gbpvr and VA)?

Thanks,
Greg
ggee Wrote:Wow, when was this added? Is it new for v5? If I check it, will it update previous records or just new recordings?
This was added along time ago, but I couldn't tell you when exactly.

Quote:I haven't used GBPVR import before, does it overwrite or append? I don't want to lose anything. Or does this export snapshot all records(gbpvr and VA)?

Thanks,
Greg
It does a snapshot of all records in the archive database.
Much thanks. Exactly what I needed to get things in sync.

Thanks,
Greg