NextPVR Forums

Full Version: VA v5 slower and crashes MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has something changed in how the plugin starts? I find that the performance is really slow with this new version. I see in the logs that it seems to be scanning everything when starting. This really seems to slow it down and I get the hourglass sometimes for up to 30 seconds.

I'll have to gather some logs because it also craches the MVP occasionaly when I select the "Vidoes" button on the main GBPVR screen.

Thanks,
Greg
I mentioned this in respect to slow startup on MVP power on and Martin (mvallevand) mentioned it was the VA Stockticker dll. I left a note in the VA forum about, it but uninstalling VA certainly fixed that.

k.
I haven;t tested the stock ticker in a while. I'll try to take a look this weekend. One easy fix would be to just delete the stick ticker.dll file.

Jeff
ggee Wrote:Has something changed in how the plugin starts? I find that the performance is really slow with this new version. I see in the logs that it seems to be scanning everything when starting. This really seems to slow it down and I get the hourglass sometimes for up to 30 seconds.

I'll have to gather some logs because it also craches the MVP occasionaly when I select the "Vidoes" button on the main GBPVR screen.

Thanks,
Greg

There is an option to auto scan on start. I would leave that unchecked unless you are running on a PC client.

Jeff
Thanks for all the tips. I didn't have the stockTicker anyway. After I installed 1.08, I removed all files from the plugins directory and installed new plugins from there.

Thanks for the tip about the autoscan. Yes, I guess that would slow things down. I did a VA export and it shows 167 records. Really gotta clean up the Dora and Thomas shows that have been stacking up. Smile I also have lots in the DVD section as well.

Thanks for the tips, VA starts much faster now.

Thanks,
Greg