NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio/Video Sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Playing back large files (90+min) files, mpg encoded dvd's, randomly lose audio/video sync. The fix seems to be to skip back and it catches up. Probably does this 10-20 times during a movie, but does not do it when playing a recorded program played from the same volume.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
what mpeg video/audio decoders are you using
Good question... System default because I am using mvp only. I did not know that the installed encoders matter to the mvp because I thought the mvp was simply sent the file data stream and it does the decoding with its hardware decoder.

Matt
I've never played a DVD with emulation mode (I don't even have a DVD in my machine) but like anything doing transcoding on the fly, which I assume happens there's a chance of some sync issues if there isn't enough date in the mvpmc's buffers. I'd try playing with various config.xml settings for a dvd, I'm guessing here I am not in front of my machine, and either decrease the max bit rate a bit, and remove the numeric screen size setting and let mvpmc handle it. Increasing the pre-buffer for transcoding could help too, and mvpmc isn't as sensitive to the Hauppauge dongle to bigger buffer time-outs.

Martin
I'm not doing any transcoding... they are mpg2 files. I have converted MANY dvd's to mpg's.

Matt
matthrolf Wrote:I'm not doing any transcoding... they are mpg2 files. I have converted MANY dvd's to mpg's.

Matt

How are you converting the AC3 audio?

Martin
hmm, don't know. It could be encoding it as ac3, since an mpg file can have sound encoded as ac3... I'm betting not. Let me do some research on that and I'll get back to you.

Matt
BTW I'm using "1 click dvd to mpg" as my software... I am going to do some analysys on the resultant files. The Haup dongle didn't have any problem with this that is why I am curious.

(I noticed that I didn't actually answer your question)

Matt
matthrolf Wrote:hmm, don't know. It could be encoding it as ac3, since an mpg file can have sound encoded as ac3... I'm betting not. Let me do some research on that and I'll get back to you.

mvpmc will actually play the AC3 audio but the sync will be off a good bit of the time. That's why I figured you are transcoding somehow.

Martin
This is the data off videoredo file properties... Does that help?

Matt

File Name: C:\Users\matthrolf\Desktop\Encoded DVDs\The Good Sheperd.mpg
File Size: 3360271600 ( 3.13 GB )
Program Duration: 02:47:21.16
File Type: PS - MPEG2
Encoding: MPEG 2
Video stream Id: xE0
Encoding Dimensions: 480 x 480
Display Size: 480 x 480
Aspect Ratio: 4/3
Frame Rate: 29.97 FPS
Bit Rate: 2.376 Mbps