NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FM Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was asking me what is the advantage of "buffering" live FM radio?
My problem is that my computer is very slow and when I listen FM radio withot any other activity, it works fine, BUT as soon as I go back to menu and browse the main menu, it begins to make some little silences or "scratches".
So what is the advantage of buffering if it is not possible to record the past 2 minutes for instance.
I don't find and record capabilities in this plugin.
Is it possible to configure it to use direct FM tunner?

Thank you very much. [Image: cool.gif]

BTW, is it possible for future version to "browse" FM like you do with tunning assistant but for FM radio?
The ability to add "current" frequency to list and to delete it from the interface xhould be very very very nice !!
As you can see, I use FM Radio plugin very ofen.

Regards,

JC
The TV and radio signals from your TV card are buffered to a file on your PC - it is this file that is played by GBPVR.
OK, thank you.
I know the may it works.

I was just asking me WHY it works like that for FM Radio.
Live TV -> TimeShifting etc.
Net Radio -> Buffer and problem solving
FM Radio -> [Image: rock.gif]
GBPVR does it this way because that is the way the cards are designed - or as far as i know, most of the hauppage cards work that way.That is why there is also a delay when watching WinTV (the hauppage software) its playing back its buffer.

Net Radios buffer is completely different - it is there to avoid lag on the internet....
For supporting the XCard and MVP, I need the audio to be in a file. Since I only want to implement each feature once, I try to code to the lowest common denominator...
Thanks for the explanation.