NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio Video Sync (Nova-S and MVP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with the audio getting out of sync with the video. If I play the files on the PC they play alright. When viewing with the MVP the sound usually starts OK then gets gets out of sync. Sometimes skipping back and foward fixes the problem.

I switched to satellite Freeview here in NZ and now use Hauppauge Nova-S cards, previously used 2x pvr150's. Not sure if this is the cause or not, but have only had the problem after switching to the Nova-S cards.

As its MVP related, I think the problem is with the donge.bin. I am currently using 1.1.47, and have tied 1.1.51, which I think is worse.

Can anyone recomend a version of dongle.bin for my setup?

Am I on the rightg track? Could it be the Nova drivers, or my slow old Celeron not keeping up?
Can you post the output of MuxChecker?
MuxChecker output:

GB-PVR has detected the following multiplex filters on your machine:

Found: InterVideo Multiplexer
FILE: C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\ivimux.ax
VERSION: 2.0.34.66

Found: CyberLink MPEG Muxer
FILE: C:\Cyberlink\MpgMux_5[1].0.0.1307_.ax
VERSION: 5.0.1307

If you're running WinXP SP1 or higher, you will also be able to use the built-in DVR-MS mux filter
I forgot to mention I am still on GBPVR 0.99.5.
Do you have it configured to use the Cyberlink mux? This is the same version I'm using and should be ok.
Yes. BDA Multiplexer is set to Cyberlink. Still getting out of sync audio on some recordings.
Sorry, I dont know then.
OK, thanks for the reply. I think I'll move up to 1.0.16 so I am up to date with everything and then continue diagnosing my problem, unless of course it magically goes away after the upgrade.

I have another faster machine I can use, but I'd really like to keep using my current machine - the old dog has been running GBPVR for over 2 years and I reckon she has another 2 or three in her yet, touch wood. Big Grin
The problem you're having also happens to me when the recording somehow has glithes in it due to less-than-optimal reception. You see it as pixelation in the recording. That tends to throw the sync.

However - after upgrading to 1.0.16, I have a few recordings with pixelation, but it seems to keep sync much better - actually always come to think of it. I haven't really tested recordings from before the upgrade to see if it's in the playback or the recording things have improved (or might be something entirely different).

I use a Cyberlink MUX as well (don't remember version - not home right now to check).

This is DVB-T though. YMMV
Thanks for the feedback nia. I have installed 1.0.16 and so far its been great. The first thing I noticed about 1.0.16 is how fast the menus are on the mvp, and it uses a lot less memory. With 2 mvp servers configured the 99.5 version and the rest of windows XP used up about 520 Mb memory on my system, now with 1.0.16 it only uses about 350 Mb. That's pretty significant as I only have 512 Mb RAM. Big ups to Sub for a grate job!

I played a few of the recordings I had problems with and the playback seems to be much better. I haven't checked the version of the dongle that came with 1.01.6 yet, but so far so good.

Perhaps the recent bad weather has caused some sub-optimal reception which caused the jitters and out of sync audio. Time will tell with 1.0.16 - I'll post an update in a week or so.
Pages: 1 2