NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video Archive and XMLTV data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing with the new guide scrapers and replacements for Zap2It data and I've noticed that Video Archive can no longer detect duplicates.

I think it is because the format changed from:

<series>SH677261</series>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>21</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>

to

<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP677261.0021</episode-num>

Would it be possible to get a version of Video Archive that can recognize both formats (or select between them?). The WAF factor will go down a lot once she starts having to weed through duplicates again.
I've been meaning to look at the new format to see what has changed. do you know if it is always the case that I an ignore the stuff to the right of the dot and ignore the first two characters? If so that is an easy change to make. I've been on vacation so I missed the last few pre-releases of PVRX2.

Jeff
Sorry, I left out some critical info. The guide data I am pulling now is using the Yahoogo2xml tool. Apparently Yahoo has some differences in its guide info. I didn't know if there was a way I could map it to what Video Archiver has used in the past. Right now I am looking into a tool that might be able to edit the XMLTV fields before the data is imported. Probably no changes need to be made to your code.
Jeff, I am trying the YApi2XML tool and the data it is providing for UniqueID seems to be identical to the data in the VA database except that it adds a period. For example, below are three pairs of IDs, the first from my VA database and the second from the GB-PVR database after importing guide data using YApi2XML.

EP8483610010
EP848361.0010

EP8487640002
EP848764.0002

EP6883590070
EP688359.0070

All are identical except for the period. I don't know about other tools, but this one looks very easy to look for.

Thanks
I could probably remove the period. The period is added because Jim_ suggested it for iXMLtv. I could even make it an options to have or not have the period.
The original XMLTv Data Direct grabber always added the period to separate the Series ID from the Episode ID. I don't know why but I assume it was to make processing easier. I see no real reason to use it especially since the new spec from TMS says that the ID can now be 12 or 14 characters.

Edit: The option may not be a bad idea. I'll leave it up to Jim if he wants it or not.
An option to have or not have the period sounds good to me. That would ensure compatibility with VA (and possibly other plugins).
ecorbin Wrote:An option to have or not have the period sounds good to me. That would ensure compatibility with VA (and possibly other plugins).

It'll be in the next release, due out tomorrow.
For yapi2xml the ep number has been changed by default so it should work natively with Video Archive from version 1.1.9 on.
-Oz- THANKS! I just tried it and everything is working great for me. Video Archive is now correctly identifying duplicates again, and everything looks great in my program guide. Thanks for all your hard work on this!