NextPVR Forums

Full Version: can you remind me of the codec I need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've had the MVP for years and last year I started using gbpvr.
I had it so tweaked I could play just about any video file, divx, xvid, wmv, mpg, etc...

The machine crashed and I'm rebuilding and I cannot find the codecs that I used before to make it possible to play all those video formats.

can someone please remind me? I tried klite and xp codecs but they didn't do the trick.

regards
reapur Wrote:Hi,
I've had the MVP for years and last year I started using gbpvr.
I had it so tweaked I could play just about any video file, divx, xvid, wmv, mpg, etc...

The machine crashed and I'm rebuilding and I cannot find the codecs that I used before to make it possible to play all those video formats.

can someone please remind me? I tried klite and xp codecs but they didn't do the trick.

regards

Even though all the transcoding goes through ffmpeg, I I think you need the DirectShow filter in addition to the codec. If everything is failing maybe you t haven't created the appropriate temporary folder, which I think it is the Recordings directory.

Martin
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I never got a reply notification... but here were are Smile

I'm wondering if you can tell me how to get the directshow filter, and the location of the recording directory.
all the shortcuts of GB are blank, yet they work somehow, so I don't even know where it's installed.

Thanks again
reapur Wrote:I'm wondering if you can tell me how to get the directshow filter, and the location of the recording directory.

The DS filters probably are just needed on the pc based but it sometimes helps to test with gbpvr itself. I don't know how to get the codecs that you need. I try and stick with mpeg-2 because it works best with both gbpvr and the mvp.

The location of the temp and recording folder are setup in the config program.

Martin