NextPVR Forums

Full Version: gfx card with WS output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know of a gfx card like a radeon 9600 or something which has widescreen out via s-video or composite? proper widescreen like actually does a resolution like 1600x900 (of course not that high but same ratio 16:9), and not widescreen with black bars?

and can this be stretched to remove the black border that many cards produce?

i need a gfx card for new pvr but i dont want to buy a card and find out it cant do something perfectly, so if anyone has first hand experience with a widescreen tvout gfx card could you please reply with brand model etc (not sure if like lifeview and errr other brand, you know how there are many brands but same chipset all called like radeon 9600 (well is like that for the nvidia anyways), have different settings)

cheers
This item will get you what you want:
ALL-IN-WONDER DVI HDTV Adapter
It works with only a few brands of ATI cards and true widescreen will require an HDTV with component input or you could use the DVI out of the card to feed it directly into an HDTV w/DVI inputs.
my widescreen tv is has 576p and 1080i but only has component inputs (RGB, via normal RCA cables) so do i just hook this up to the DVI output of my graphics card and connect the RCA cables from the adapter to my tv? (is it RGB or is it the other one PYB or err whatever it is Yc Yb or something) also will this have a black border around it or is it a perfect fit? and do i just configure my computer resolution to widescreen and away i go?
It is only made to support these cards (R8500, R9500, R9600, R9700, R9800), there is software to load because it can read the dip switches on the top of the plug.
As for the black parts on the screen, that depends on the resolution you pick and what works with your TV. I had to keep trying from a list of about 40 resolutions to find one that sync with the TV and filled the screen.
I am sure it is the other over the RGB.