NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 1600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Sorry for the newbie question but I noticed that the Hauppauge 1600 is listed as "analog" and I'm wondering if that means that I should not consider it for purchasing and instead just go with a PVR 150 that I had before.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.
When you create the capture source you use the 'Direct Recording Plugin' to add the analog side of this device, and the 'BDA Recording Plugin' to add the digital digital side.
I too was stuck here, and was just about to ask how to set up the digital side.

thanks for the info.
I set my new 1600 but the High Def stutters considerably.
It doesn't stutter when played through WinTV.

I tried the hauppuage decoders too but it still stutters in GBPVR.
I was using the Nvidia Pure Video Decoder.

Is there something I'm missing? I check the wiki and the forum for setting up the Hau 1600 but didn't find anything.

The specs of my pc are as follows
P4 3.0
1GB Ram
GeForce 6200
Same here...please advise.
smiddy10 Wrote:I set my new 1600 but the High Def stutters considerably.
It doesn't stutter when played through WinTV.

I tried the hauppuage decoders too but it still stutters in GBPVR.
I was using the Nvidia Pure Video Decoder.

Is there something I'm missing? I check the wiki and the forum for setting up the Hau 1600 but didn't find anything.

The specs of my pc are as follows
P4 3.0
1GB Ram
GeForce 6200
sub Wrote:When you create the capture source you use the 'Direct Recording Plugin' to add the analog side of this device, and the 'BDA Recording Plugin' to add the digital digital side.

I am using gb-pvr with just the cable. I have had no luck getting QAM to work. I know my provider {Cox} sends clear qam, because WinTV picks it up.
I select hauppauge 1600 QAM in the BDA dropdown, but when I press OK, it says ATSC in the upper right, and won't find any stations. Can you help, sub?

Jack.
She was a suicide blonde, she dyed by her own hand.
Jack. Wrote:I am using gb-pvr with just the cable. I have had no luck getting QAM to work. I know my provider sends clear qam. I select hauppauge 1600 QAM in the BDA dropdown, but when I press OK, it says ASTC in the upper right, and won't find any stations. Can you help, sub?
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the logs and I'll take a look.

Quote: it says ASTC in the upper right
Thats normal. "QAM" is actually ATSC modulated over QAM. OTA ATSC is also ATSC, but modulated over 8VSB.