NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mediamvp network interface with only 10 mpbs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
livetv on my media-mvp, using my digital twinhan dvb-c and cyberlink mux, always has problems. after some time (30s - 1m), the picture shortly shows some 'glitches' and afterwards video / audio get out of sync and playback begins to "stutter" and freeze.

i found out, that using the ms-mux reduces the problem. video / audio stay in sync when i use the ms-mux. but the short 'glitches' still occur, and sometimes the hauppauge remote (34-key) stops working at all. (i'm using mvpmc-emulation with latest vista-alpha-dongle atm).

looking at the network-traffic during playback of my server shows 6-8 Mbps with some 'spikes' over 10 Mbps... so here's my question:

- since my mediamvp (i'm using ethernet-mvp) is quite old: is it possible, that the mediamvp only has a 10 mbps interface? or has every mediamvp a 10/100 mbps interface?

br turas
---
Turas Wrote:- since my mediamvp (i'm using ethernet-mvp) is quite old: is it possible, that the mediamvp only has a 10 mbps interface? or has every mediamvp a 10/100 mbps interface?

All the models of the mvp the have the same 100 mbs NIC but the machine itself is only spec'd for MP@ML throughput which is max 15 mbs in the lab and most people can't get this for a variety of reasons, the NIC itself being one of them.

I can hit about 11 mbs CBR with mvpmc but from my observation a lot of people can't get 9 mbs out of their own networks so I think your results are normal. Keeping the demux full at that bit-rate is likely the cause of the issues and increase the pre-buffering a few 100ms might help a tiny bit.

Martin
thx for all the information!

my 'server'-system (cellar) is now equipped with an PCI Intel PRO/1000GT, 10/100/1000 MBit pci-express card. it's connected to the mvp (living room) via 3com 'Gigabit Switch 8'. using CAT 5e cabling (~15m). everything set to 'auto'.

since i use the pcie-card instead of the onboard lan, quality has got better. i think i could (and have to) live with the 'glitches'. the thing that hurts most is that the remote stops working. (and a bit, that i'm forced to use the ms-mux Smile)

thx again and br
turas
i dont have mvp or dvb-c
but i do have dvb-s and noticed the gliches reduced when i set the recording service priorty above normal in config
tried setting to above normal already. doesn't seem to help with my setup though.
ok just thought it may have helped so when you watch from the pc the video is fine?
yes. watching directly is working fine for me.
Turas Wrote:tried setting to above normal already. doesn't seem to help with my setup though.

Good and I hope you have set it back. I don't recommend changing the priority, in my opinion it's being misused at times, and can see where it actually hurts performance.

Martin
@ Turas have you tried other versions of the cyberlink mux?
i've set back priority.
and i've tried 3 different cyberlink muxes.
- 5.0.2022 (coming with twinhan app)
- can't remember Smile

still. the only mux that works acceptable in my system is the microsoft mux.
Pages: 1 2