NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Simultaneous SPDIF Audio out and RCA Audio out on MVP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Martin,

As you know I added an optical SPDIF out to my D3 MVP (those with newer MVP's have this already) and my mvpmc setup says SPDIF (the passthrough in the config below).

Code:
umount /etc/mvpmc
mount.cifs //192.168.1.10/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=guest,password=guest,rw
mvpmc -F /etc/mvpmc/defaults -o svideo -o passthru --flicker 2 --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.10 &

However I would like to have passthrough (to the stereo) for MP3 files and use the RCA direct to the TV, without having to swap between them. Is it possible to have BOTH enabled? If so how do I do this?

The reason is that when I play MP3's I don't want to have the TV on, at least not after I get the playlist running.

Ta!

k.
jksmurf Wrote:However I would like to have passthrough (to the stereo) for MP3 files and use the RCA direct to the TV, without having to swap between them. Is it possible to have BOTH enabled? If so how do I do this?

For me the RCA jacks are always active. I have both hooked up to the stereo to do listening tests. Maybe it's a SCART thing (n/a in Canada) and you might have more look with svideo.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:For me the RCA jacks are always active. I have both hooked up to the stereo to do listening tests. Maybe it's a SCART thing (n/a in Canada) and you might have more look with svideo.

Martin

:confused: I don't have SCART ... mine's just like yours S-Video / RCA and now an SPDIF out. Arrrghhhhh hmmm let me check I plugged those in :o :o , I have a feeling I MAY have pulled the RCA jacks off thinking the audio OUT from my Stereo to the TV would work, but the Audio in from the Optical doesn't seem to have a connection to that audio out DOH! :o (Stereo has some limitation in this regard....)

k.